Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opteron 170 CCBWE 0551UPMW or step'E6

Options
  • 22-04-2006 5:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Folks
    I'm wondering wether to buy the Opteron 170 CCBWE 0551UPMW off the internet or a Stepping E6 one from Komplett?
    Are they both the same as regards overclocking abilities?
    I have no more info about the komplett one available.
    Cheers

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I dunno, All of the really good overclockers seem to be made before week 30.

I would just get one from Komplett

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

better to get one off komplett so you have comeback if it doesnt work
    .With the q1 2006 models of the 146 i am getting same results as q4 of 2005, so i'd say you should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gbhboards

OK ... but they are 20% cheaper on ebay and maybe better overclockers?!
    g

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

gbhboards wrote:
    OK ... but they are 20% cheaper on ebay and maybe better overclockers?!
    g

that is true, it is a risk though, up to you.
    if it is a used cpu it could have been overclocked to death.

also just because it is a better stepping it is no guarentee it will be a better overclock, just a better chance that it will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Im pretty sure most Dual core opterons are E6 that includes 0551UPMW, Look for oc results of the stepping and see if its a good one. Ask if someone has bought a 170 reasontly from komplett and what stepping they got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

I bought 2 Opterons 165 from Komplett in the last 3 weeks (one for a friend) and I have to say CCB1E 0605 looks like a good batch.
    My friend's got to ~2830 with 1.45V and an XP120, and mine is at 2700 with default vcore :eek: and the stock cooler:
    image18uz.jpg

Advertisement