Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commuter bikes

Options
  • 22-04-2006 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey i am thinking of buying a new bike for commuting around the city and am looking for some advice. was thinking of the claud butler levante. does anyone know where i can get a qoute on one of these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭oldboy

Hi ibar!

Got one last October in Penny Farthing on Wexford St. for about 600 euro. I commute about 6miles a day on it (3 into town and 3 out).

Find it very very quick around town. I was on a mountain bike previously so found the stiff ride took a bit of getting used to but its twice as fast.

Only thing I had to do was remove the quick release and replace with proper bolds. I Dropped it in for a service at christmas, get cables tightened up etc and it needed very little work done. Have had to replace the rear tube once.

Considering I'm on it 7 days a week, rain and all I've had no complaints at all. Slight rusting on chromy bits and bolts around the breaks but thats it.

Not sure if they still have em in stock though.

Cheers

Advertisement