Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAY abuse in Ireland

Options
  • 22-04-2006 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is it just me or are gays not fully accepted in Ireland in this day and age?

The other day I saw some little Dublin f****** waitingy outside the George until some unfortunate guy walks out, then they followed him shouting at him and even throwing anything they could get their hands on at him.

I was talking to Sadam the other day (the north west mod) and whilst he's an open gay he doesnt like to tell people until he really gets to know them. In fairness I can see where he's coming from, he said he gets shouted at and abused by young kids in his hometown in Basra.

I've lived in a few countries and I can safely say that I have never seen anywhere where the gay community are treated so badly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Move to Nigeria, or Iran or Saudi Arabia or Laramie, Wyoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

damien.m wrote:
    Move to Nigeria, or Iran or Saudi Arabia or Laramie, Wyoming.

lol!

is Wyoming that bad, is that not in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

jamesozzie wrote:
    lol!

I'm guessing that's where they had that 'fag-drag'

gilroyb wrote:
    I'm guessing that's where they had that 'fag-drag'

whats a fag drag if you doint mind me asking?

jamesozzie wrote:

Google "Laramie Wyoming gay"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

jamesozzie wrote:
    lol!

http://www.tolerance.org/laramie/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Reading up on that makes me angry...

Reading up on that makes me angry...

and folks then his eyes go all yellow and then he explodes into a giant, hulking

broccoli. You don't want to make those veggies angry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damien.m wrote:
    and folks then his eyes go all yellow and then he explodes into a giant, hulking

broccoli. You don't want to make those veggies angry.
    This veggie has a lot more training in how to inflict 'the pain' than one would expect.:)

My eyes go all green, my hair goes yellow and I turn into a super Saijan... sometimes.
    I swear, I did it once.

Back to the offtopic bit about Matthew Shephard, this quote always gets me:
    He was driven to a remote area near the Sherman Hills neighborhood east of Laramie, tied to a split-rail fence, tortured, beaten and pistol-whipped by his attackers, while he begged for his life. He was then left for dead in near freezing temperatures. A cyclist who found him on Snowy Mountain View Road at 6:22 pm, some 18 hours after the attack, at first mistook him for a scarecrow. He was unconscious and suffering from hypothermia. His face was caked with blood, except where it had been partially washed clean by tears.

• Advertisement

damien.m wrote:
    Google "Laramie Wyoming gay"

jez that was interesting.

There really are some scumbags in this world. I'd still rarther live in Wyoming than Saudi Arabia though as stated by Damian.m!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I can't describe how the film and descriptions of his dead made me feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My eyes go all green, my hair goes yellow and I turn into a super Saijan... sometimes.
    I swear, I did it once.
    Oh.. and all the Saijan's are named after different types of vegetables as well.

Oh.. and all the Saijan's are named after different types of vegetables as well.
    Mein gott, somebody actually got it!

Advertisement