Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Datastore/database errors ONLY!

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Problems with a couple of the web servers.

I usually post these sort of problems to twitter when they arise. http://twitter.com/boards_ie

Edit: except for this time because my internet connection is awful at the moment and the message seems to have bounced :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

CuLT wrote: »
    Edit: except for this time because my internet connection is awful at the moment and the message seems to have bounced :o

In those cases you should text it to twitter. I find that texting always works.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Get well soon web nodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

CuLT wrote: »
    I usually post these sort of problems to twitter when they arise. http://twitter.com/boards_ie
    Cool! Very handy. Any chance you could also update it with what was wrong and how it was fixed. Just to keep the nerd in me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got 4 or 5 database (or datastore?) errors (think that's what it said!) between 3 and half 4, in Galway City, Personal Issues and I think Television.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No end of sticky loading/nonloading.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hit pretty bad over the past 1hr or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,392 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Instant Database errors are driving me loopy!
    Trip to the datacentre planned for tomorrow for some physical maintenance. Site is still unstable.

about 2 hours ago from web

Posted for anyone coming by here to complain later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://twitter.com/boards_ie notes a visit to kick the cabinets is required tomorrow.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Fire/Kill the hamster while you're there. These errors are driving me insane over the last few day. For the last hour or so I've been getting an error message everytime I try to open a thread/post a reply/open another forum....basically everything on boards!

• Advertisement

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 309

Slipped passed your exception handler methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

GRRRRRRRRRRRR *Bangs head off wall* it took about half an hour to be able to post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

just got the database error when trying to open a page on the sligo forum, and again when trying to open the last page of this thread, both in last five minutes

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Getting a database error on almost every thread i click on now...

Hope it isn't too much hassle for ye lads. Keep up the good work :)

Maybe if we feed Cheesedude to the hamsters..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Getting a database error on almost every thread i click on now...

Hope it isn't too much hassle for ye lads. Keep up the good work :)
    its happening to me as i was trying to pm a long story and damn its gone again im not doing that again until its fixed lads Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    this took me 6 attempts post that reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Loads of database errors at the moment. Refreshing the window /tab a few times seems to get you back though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

unkel wrote: »
    Loads of database errors at the moment. Refreshing the window /tab a few times seems to get you back though...

Same here, no set pattern though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

First time I've been able to get on in over an hour. I had to do some work! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Xavi6 wrote: »
    First time I've been able to get on in over an hour. I had to do some work! :eek:
    Well look at it this way you'll probably get promoted for increasing your productivity 1000% this month.

• Advertisement

Indeed. Every cloud and all that. Can't seem to get into my PM's though. I wanna know who it's from!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's just me getting my christmas card list done early this year. Not leaving it till the last minute again.

Ah that's ok so. Might wanna post it in June just to make sure it gets here in time. Damn snail mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Just got into work and first thing I do is log onto boards. I'm getting quite a lot of DB errors. :(

Count yourself lucky. I've had it for the past 7 hours. Bit better now though just as I'm gettin ready to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

kyub wrote: »
    Just got into work and first thing I do is log onto boards. I'm getting quite a lot of DB errors. :(
    Same as. The db needs some tlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

it's taken atleast 60 errors to get in here and get to post this, and i'll more than likely get another 30 trying to get back to the index.. :yay: :mad:

someone fix it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

it's taken atleast 60 errors to get in here and get to post this, and i'll more than likely get another 30 trying to get back to the index.. :yay: :mad:

someone fix it :(

LMAO! You must have the patience of a saint my friend. :) lol

Still bad, I expect we'll have a bit of downtime sometime soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054921080&page=22
    Trying to view the last page of this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement