Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Datastore/database errors ONLY!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Seems to be coughing up random messages, after much refreshing i get "this forum requires you wait 10 seconds between searches" LOL, i wasn searchin!!

How long til normal service resumes? (as amusing an all as it is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

11.30 this page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

keen wrote: »
    11.30 this page.

11.34, while attempting to quote this post. Possibly also while submitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bout 15 mins of downtime there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

database error's with me too for the past day, especially on adverts,ie a lot more?
    hope they fix it quickly, getting very annoying very quickly.

Seems OK just now!*

*Kiss of death!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Been getting Datastore messages tha last two days, every single page I try to access. Have to reload again and again, and a lot of the time even that doesn't work. Any idea when this will be sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Vespian wrote: »
    Been getting Datastore messages tha last two days, every single page I try to access. Have to reload again and again, and a lot of the time even that doesn't work. Any idea when this will be sorted?
    http://twitter.com/boards_ie

Should be fixed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

hopefully the prob are solved,thanks for the efforts. but really do need a message on the front page saying they may be intermittent probs, that you are aware of the prob and are try to fix em. people can get on to the site twitter isn't where they will be looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

From twitter...
    This will hopefully be the lasdt problem for a bit. Many thanks for your patience.

We haz German admins now.

.o/

Wexorg und Kult. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Pfft, can hardly expect my spelling to be fantastic while I hurriedly mash some keys on my phone to update twitter in the middle of fixing things (server in one arm, phone in the other, screwdriver held by my teeth). :)

There was some jerk in that other thread complaining about twitter not being updated in 16 hours. News for you buddy, I a) sleep and b) was actually fixing things.

We've identified a major problem that requires attention, just figuring out the best way to address it (one way is to spend thousands of euro on new hardware) but there's not really any fast, cheap AND scalable way to fix it so it'll randomly knock the site off every few weeks. Fixing it essentially involves hitting it with a spanner (which most host provide rather effectively these days in the form of IPKVM).

Anyway I am rambling, just assume that I am spending an inordinate amount of my time in and out of work figuring out ways to make boards harder, better, faster, and stronger.

CuLT wrote: »
    Pfft, can hardly expect my spelling to be fantastic while I hurriedly mash some keys on my phone to update twitter in the middle of fixing things (server in one arm, phone in the other, screwdriver held by my teeth). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I appreciate you cult! :)

I'm sure it was all very stressful.

CuLT wrote: »
    I couldn't resist it. :D

Good work there CuLT.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,392 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Boards.ie Bake Sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,392 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

things have started going AWOL again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

ARGGHHH if ye get this, i havent killed my laptop, datastore errors, about 30 in the last 5 minutes now. driving me loco. poor boards is sick again?:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nerin wrote: »
    ARGGHHH if ye get this, i havent killed my laptop, datastore errors, about 30 in the last 5 minutes now. driving me loco. poor boards is sick again?:(

100+ in the same time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Database errors here too. Darn.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, for me too. Getting a lot of database errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It's up and down like a bride's nightie. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

So many errors. So many. I.....they just came so fast....

.....and they're hands were everywhere, everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

.....and they're hands were everywhere, everywhere

And they messed up her grammar... Run!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

We are going to have to check out for about 5 minutes, see you on the other side.

Edit: ok, we shall see how this goes.

Edit 2: might take about 10-20 minutes for things to get back up to full speed, you should not experience any errors though. If you do, please continue to notify me here.

I picked a hell of a day to give up smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

No problems here atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,872 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All seems fine now CuLT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement