Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jthm

Options
  • 22-04-2006 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac anybody?

I picked up the collection this the other day on the advice of a friend...hrrm? i thaught, wtf is this!!111!!1!

turns out to be quite funny, im into movies like Saw etc. so its right up my alley.

anyone else read these?

or know when any new ones are coming? ( the current ones are about 10 years old i hear!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

Everyone's read it, silly!
    Not to be too mean I'll tell you what I think: Get Squee. It's actually funnier and a lot more well drawn than JtHM. Actually, it's bloody hillarious now that I think back on it!

Other than that, there'll be no more new Johnny stuff as far as I know. The new thing he's doing is called I Feel Sick (I think) and stars a minor character from his earlier comics. I haven't read it because I kind of went off that whole style.
    This, However, remains a classic:
    0943151244.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

don't really buy lots of comics but jhtm is always something i pick up.

i love the covers too...

one of them that springs to mind has johnny's tombstone with "here lies johnny. don't feel sorry, he probably would have killed you anyway" engraved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

i miss happy noodle boy

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

jthm is over as is squee (4 issues) as is i feel sick (2 issues)

He made invader zim the greatest cartoon ever, though

That got cancelled.

Poor Jhonen!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

i've seen all of zim!

tis Vasquez at his best!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redroeckt07

Johnen was also respoinsible forthe Everything Can Be Beaten one-shot and the various Filler Bunny mini comics. He also led the way for creators like Roman Dirge who wouldn't have produced anything without Jhonen blazing a trail through the dark sewers of the human soul. Oh and yeah, Squee! is a thousand times better than JTHM

Advertisement