Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melodic rock fans, weep openly with joy....

• 22-04-2006 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

....Survivor are back!!!

18 years (that's eighteen!! Makes Chinese Democracy look like a rush job) after their last album, the new album Reach has emerged blinking into the light. And apart from the fact that there's probably a ballad or two too many on it, it's good enough to make you forget grunge ever happened.

Rejoice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭pants on fire

Lets not beat around the bush.

Death Metal = crap

"To live is to die" = unbelievably not crap

Therefore, not death metal

QED:D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

blastman wrote:
    it's good enough to make you forget grunge ever happened.

If only we could all get that amelodic, creatively barren, insult to musicianship and professionalism out of our heads for good, we'd all be much, much happier!

Survivor aren't going to do that though my friend. As much as I'm a sucker for AOR even I can see that their only really impactful album was Eye of the Tiger. The two before that were okay too, but everything after that was pretty weak.

Just another pale Foreigner imitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Who's with them on vox? If its Jimi Jameson, brilliant, if its the other lad, still brilliant but if it was Jimi maybe they could work "I'm Always There" (i.e. the Baywatch Theme song) into their live set! I still cant believe The Hoff claimed he wrote and sung that song! mind you he also claimed he single handedly reunited east and west germany...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Lets not beat around the bush.

Death Metal = crap

"To live is to die" = unbelievably not crap

Therefore, not death metal

QED:D

Wrong thread, dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

wrong thread and awful opinion. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Who's with them on vox? If its Jimi Jameson, brilliant, if its the other lad, still brilliant but if it was Jimi maybe they could work "I'm Always There" (i.e. the Baywatch Theme song) into their live set! I still cant believe The Hoff claimed he wrote and sung that song! mind you he also claimed he single handedly reunited east and west germany...
    It is Jimi Jameson on vocals, MF. Although Frankie Sullivan actually sings lead on one song as well. There was some weird shennanigans went on a couple of years ago where Jimi Jameson released an album (which included the Baywatch song) under the name "Jimi Jameson's Survivor" while Survivor (with Eye of the Tiger vocalist Dave Bickler back in the fold) were still touring. Talk of legal actions were flying, then the next thing I heard was Bickler was out again and Jameson was back in Survivor proper! All very strange.

Anyway, that's probably more than most people care about Survivor. Alan, while I do have a weakness for Survivor, my first post may have been ever so slightly tongue-in-cheek! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

been hearing about this a fair bit lately, looking forward to hearing it to be honest......we'll see how it goes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

feck it ill give it a listen who knows i might be bitten by the aor bug once again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought it was a Journey thread! ;) Surivior? Christ........!

Mike.

Advertisement