Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding Drums to you songs.

• 22-04-2006 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

We want to add drums to our songs. I'm wondering what software you would recommend purchasing?

I can write the drum tabs very easily with guitar pro, so do you know of any software that is very easy to use like guitar pro? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

If you have a VSTi compatible midi/audio host, then you can't go wrong with Jamstix http://www.rayzoon.com at $99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

ye..HIPHOP 5 is a good programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Programs like cubase (even the budget ones) have piano rolls and drum scores (im not sure if the cheaper one have drum scores) which you can basically write out the beat, and edit velocities for each hit to humanize the feel of the drumming. You can also use it to record your bands tracks. Depending on teh style of music you play there are various plugins you can use to make the drums sound as realistic as possible, my two favourites are Groove agent for rock/pop tunes and Drumkit From Hell for metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 asian-monkey

I don't know much about other Host.. but i would suggest u use fl studio. As most of the ppls i talk to ... use fl studio for drum loops only... they do everything else elsewhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishslipknot

i found cubase and cakewalk very good..and fun to use...
    whats great is if you can get alend of a drum machine and play a few basic beats on it...with a good sound card itll come out great on your pc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Id strongly urge you to take a look at Ableton Live, even the light version, Live Lite, which comes bundled with most audio/midi interfaces these days.

Its very powerfull for creating beats and loops and can be taken on the road for performance.

Advertisement