Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiddling..

Options
  • 22-04-2006 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I love fiddling about with bike my set ups.
    Just yesterday I swapped an 80mm stem for a 110mm stem and 26" 2" rise kona dh bars with 23" flat easton bars. The bike feels so much different and I'm hoping will make cruising though town and home quicker and make it easier to weave past car mirrors. I can still drop the stem down another 30mm, so i might play with that too soon.
    On my other bike I felt the fork wasn't performing so well. I found the rebound adjuster is stuck. So I checked the air, twas at 40psi and decided to up it to 50psi. Then today I found the ride height a bit too high, so I lowered it to 30psi and am closer to getting the fuller 5" of travel from it.
    And I'm still trying to get used to climbing and boucing with the fork not locked down.
    Anyone else enjoy altering their setup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

I love fiddling especially when you get something working perfectly.Its a great feeling knowing you'v done it yourself.

Advertisement