Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford city bypass

• 22-04-2006 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

It starts on Monday dont it?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Contracts get signed Monday and hopefully construction begins immediatly afterwards

.....watch this space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Dont hold your breath , you know how slow things happen down here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭col o

Wait for it!

Is it a bird?Is it a plane?No.

It's

Brendan McCann:D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

col o wrote:
    Wait for it!

Is it a bird?Is it a plane?No.

It's

Brendan McCann:D

Excellent...:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭col o

I know I'm obssesed but I couldn't help it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Whatever about being obsessed you're probably right about McCann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

we should get a brendan mcann appreciation forum going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Breaking News
    =============

The Transport Minister has turned the sod on the Waterford city by-pass.

The 530 million euro project is due for completion in 2010.

The original route had to be changed after the discovery of a significant Viking settlement during excavations.

Transport Minister Martin Cullen says he hopes the new river crossing will reduce the dependency on Rice Bridge which currently caters for over 40,000 vehicles per day.

Speaking today the Minister said, "I think it's a defining moment. This project has been awaited for so long and clearly has clearly been a piece of infrastructure that's held us back in the recent past. For a city the size of Waterford to compete nationally and internationally you have to have the scale of infrastructure - motorways, big dual carriageways. The dual carriageway on the other side of the city has certainly created the feel of a city and this will certainly make the difference."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Vulpiner

Why are you all being so cynical? I mean they got the new road from the Butlerstown roundabout completed on time didnt they? Or does it depend on which construstion company is doing the job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

no it just depends on whether the good Mr. mcCann wants to hold up the whole show or not. Actually in fairness as regars completion of projects like this they're getting better at it in this country. I even heard rumours of some road projects being "on time" and evn "UNDER BUDGET!!" no word of a lie i say!

• Advertisement
Advertisement