Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats currently running on galwaylan.com.....

• 22-04-2006 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

Ok I did a wee audit (SWEET IM GETTING A CAR!) on whats running on the dedicated box we have
    1 Kalliera Server
    1 quizmo Server
    4 Flavours of QW
    1 BF2 Ranked
    1 16 Player DOD:S
    1 16 Player CS:S

If anyone has descent server config files for the source games send them this way :)
    There anything people would like to see up there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

DoD FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

huh? galwaylan online game servers? Whats the traffic like? Is it being used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Kalliera server is always busy and apparantle the qw servers get used.
    there are the odd players on the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

TFC!!
    *\o/*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

TetriNet

UT2K4 mightn't be a bad idea either.
    I'm going to be tapping Rev_Hellfire for 4 dark mana* and some server tarballs.

* ref. WotC

• Advertisement

UT2K4 servers are ok in Ireland. Unreal.ie have enough, no point in creating a splinter to that. Besides the pings are good there.

I could care less whether people actually use it, it doesn't even have to be turned on, just that we know we have a working server config for the lans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

The qw servers are indeed being used - since their creation 5 or so newbies have been brought from "what's a rocket launcher?" to "lolown!" using those servers only..4+ on nightly when they stay up

Fobia wrote:
    The qw servers are indeed being used - since their creation 5 or so newbies have been brought from "what's a rocket launcher?" to "lolown!" using those servers only..4+ on nightly when they stay up

I think for the above reason we should turn off QW, its warping other peoples fragile little mind. Fobia, ur as manipulative as cartman. I almost fell for the trap but luckily my support group at UT2K4 saved me :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is a CS:S gwaylan server online? Used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Sniipe wrote:
    I think for the above reason we should turn off QW, its warping other peoples fragile little mind. Fobia, ur as manipulative as cartman. I almost fell for the trap but luckily my support group at UT2K4 saved me :D

Yesterday's games beg to differ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

There is a CS:S gwaylan server online? Used?
    I killed it....twas making the machine stupid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nathdog

are you guys still in that ****ty ould house in newcastle running this ****...?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No I believe the server is sitting in the bandwidth mines of a hosting centre in dublin.

Server's going to be offline while Sok gives it a good fisting.

If all goes well, it should be back up in a fortnight.

We had Surreal2.0 running for a while there (bf2mod).

Advertisement