Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night time toilet training

Options
  • 22-04-2006 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi.

I need some help training my little girl to get up and use the toilet during the night. She is fine and well trained during the day, but is a very sound sleeper and wets herself 2-3 times a night without a nappy. Have been trying for about a month now but little seems to be working.

Any advice? washing machine is starting to break down from all the sheets! :D

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭utopian

MrMagoo wrote:
    Hi.

I need some help training my little girl to get up and use the toilet during the night. She is fine and well trained during the day, but is a very sound sleeper and wets herself 2-3 times a night without a nappy. Have been trying for about a month now but little seems to be working.

Any advice? washing machine is starting to break down from all the sheets! :D

Thanks.

You don't say how old she is? We are happy enough to let our girls wear a nappy at night for a year or more after they stop wearing them in the daytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Don't let them drink much before bedtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Our son turned three in February. Before that he was out of nappies during the day, but wore them at night (since the end of last summer).
    A while back, he decided he didn't want to wear a nappy at night.
    Since then this is what we do:
    Try to limit the drinks before bedtime.
    Get him to go to the toilet just before going to bed. We do it as part of the routine (brushing teeth etc.), so now it's a habit.
    Before I go to bed, I lift him out to the toilet. He's still half asleep, but he goes again.
    If I was up before him in the morning, I used to either bring him out again, or wake him and ask him if he needs to go. He now gets up in the morning, and goes himself. He also gets up some nights by himself.

We've been doing this for a couple of months, and he can have good runs and not-so-good runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

noby wrote:
    Our son turned three in February. Before that he was out of nappies during the day, but wore them at night (since the end of last summer).
    A while back, he decided he didn't want to wear a nappy at night.
    Since then this is what we do:
    Try to limit the drinks before bedtime.
    Get him to go to the toilet just before going to bed. We do it as part of the routine (brushing teeth etc.), so now it's a habit.
    Before I go to bed, I lift him out to the toilet. He's still half asleep, but he goes again.
    If I was up before him in the morning, I used to either bring him out again, or wake him and ask him if he needs to go. He now gets up in the morning, and goes himself. He also gets up some nights by himself.

We've been doing this for a couple of months, and he can have good runs and not-so-good runs.
    That is pretty much what we did with out daughter and what we are currently doping with our son.

It seems to work OK and whilst it is difficult at the beginning they seem to catch on reasonably quickly.

MrP

Advertisement