Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is a postal order?

Options
  • 22-04-2006 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't find any information on the An Post website about it.

And also as a student, am i entitled to getting a Bank Draft without having to pay charges? Read somewhere that we were entitled to some of these banking services for free.

Sorry if this is wrong place to ask this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

IIRC, the (sur)charge for a postal order depends on the amount being sent. How much are you sending?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Precisely €108! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

It's about €4 for a €50 postal order so id say less than a tenner

Cheers for that Reaver.

Feckin' hell... will send a cheque or do a bank draft instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

get a bank draft, the commission in nil, if you buy it using your student account

but remember you'll still be wasing the .48 price of stamp why not using online banking to transfer the money to the other persons account instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

vector wrote:
    why not using online banking to transfer the money to the other persons account instead
    If online is not an option just do a straight transfer over the counter for free

It's actually to pay for T-shirts printing and i tried to arrange a bank transfer with the woman but she says bank drafts / cheques / postal orders are the norm.

So i'll respect her wishes and send her a cheque over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Reaver772 wrote:
    It's about €4 for a €50 postal order so id say less than a tenner

I just sent one 2day, they charged 80c for a €8.50 p.o :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

Bas****s i want my money back! If i grab a shotgun and march into the post office do you think i'll get a refund? :D

How much is a bank draft without a student account for the same amount as i've stated (€108)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

basquille wrote:
    How much is a bank draft without a student account for the same amount as i've stated (€108)?
    It varies from bank to bank.

UB is €2.25 but you must be an account holder and the draft (amount + commission) has to be debited from your account.

Advertisement