Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost History?

Options
  • 22-04-2006 7:26pm

I was going through our clubs records and was shocked to find out how sparse they are.

It is quite sad to see how the history of D.U.R.C. has eroded in just over 50 years.

Does anyone here have any information that could be included in the clubs records? Names of captains, club traditions (most are gone now..), committees, PBs, outstanding preformances etc?

I would really appreciate any help that I can get in trying to put together a brief history of the club.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I was going through our clubs records and was shocked to find out how sparse they are.
    OP, did you check the archive at the end of the range behind the .22 targets table? That's where the majority of our records were stored. The trinity library's been looking to archive them for some years now for safe keeping btw...

yeah - but its more membership records and stuff ...

lots of traditions, list of captains, club comp records are gone...

Plus all of that stuff is from the last 10 years.. i was talking more longer term then that

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭scorphonic

There is a doctor in my department that was once either the captain of the club or the CRO. I believe this is about 10 years ago when he was in that position. I could ask him for some information, he may just know where the records were kept, and if in fact they are somewhere in the college already in safe keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If they're in the college scorphonic, they're lost - I asked for them back in '01 when I was putting together the archive on the range and was looking into the history of the club (which was when we found we were coming up on the 40th anniversary).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sparks wrote:
    OP, did you check the archive at the end of the range behind the .22 targets table? That's where the majority of our records were stored. The trinity library's been looking to archive them for some years now for safe keeping btw...

Is that true..well,if you want it done let me know

• Advertisement
Advertisement