Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hands free units

• 22-04-2006 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi All

Hope Im in the right forum. Im thinking of buying a hands free unit. I have a Nokia 6230, and even if I upgrade I think I will stay with Nokia (so used to it, texting etc etc). But whats the best one to get that would allow me to change phones whenever?

I saw a kit in Carphone Warehouse, it was bluetooth, but not with the head set (I dont think Id like these). But a little screen tat sits on the dash, shows you whose calling, and a control unit that clips on to the steering wheel.

Does anyone know these? And / or is there a better / cheaper unit? Think these were €199

Thanks

k

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I got the sony ericsson HCB-700 professional installed in Waterford and I would highly recomend it. It cuts out the audio when a call comes through and the mic quality is excellent. Only problem was I also have a 6230i which does to support the phonebook feature, which means that caller id is only by number. I have since changed to a SE handset.

Here is the carkit

I got mine supplied and fitted for €200 but i think he looked after me with that price.

With regards to changing your phone. The SE's are really worth looking into. They are very simular to the Nokia. You'd be surprised how alike they are with some of their menus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Aquos76 wrote:
    With regards to changing your phone. The SE's are really worth looking into. They are very simular to the Nokia. You'd be surprised how alike they are with some of their menus

im using a nokia ck7w in my car. i change fones alot so its a great kit as its bluetooth.also you wont feel a difference between the nokia and sony phone.the sony are really easy to use just like nokia.

drdre wrote:
    im using a nokia ck7w in my car. i change fones alot so its a great kit as its bluetooth.also you wont feel a difference between the nokia and sony phone.the sony are really easy to use just like nokia.

The Nokia kit is quite a good car kit but unfortunately it does not come with the lcd for the caller id feature, unless of course you go for the cradle mount but that sort of defeats the purpose of the bluetooth.

alright.then if you want a nice kit then check out nokia 610;) .i wanted that but it was out of my price range.in my next car i will get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

This should be in the Mobiles forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

ive got the ck-7w excellent kit,and pairs with all the bt phones ive had,

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Isnt this the mobiles forum? There are a lot more phone threads here too.

h

hawthorn wrote:
    Isnt this the mobiles forum? There are a lot more phone threads here too.

h
    yes this is the right section

Advertisement