Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats "in" for lads this summer?

• 22-04-2006 7:36pm

I like to keep on top of the fashion game.What should i be wearing?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I like to keep on top of the fashion game.What should i be wearing?:)

Whatever you feel comfortable in perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

All of 'em will be sporting Uggs. Just you wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

And neckerchiefs. And an onion tied around their belt. As will be the style at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Mullets. Nothing but mullets.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mullets, mullets and petticoats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

And underpants outside your trousers. Superman returns this summer ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Waterproof suncream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

pssh everyone trying to copy my style...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Once you have your own style fashion dont matter. IMO it's all about your OWN style sprinkled with a smidgin of fashion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Whirl

Just follow the azns

• Advertisement

Whirl wrote:
    Just follow the azns
    Do you mean asians?
    :) I heard thongs are in too!Peter stringfellow does it and hes a leading fashion expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

boxers are the new y fronts - wear them or be square

black is the new brown.. hmmpf i told u

long trousers legs are the new shorts - meh hello its summer (wel almost.. eh ok maybe not)

just wear what u like, ....... if u are really looking for serious answers post here again... :) i promise, i'll post, if noone else will.

Fashion:D :D:D
    Keep buying the mags.

Please thongs are the new boxers!Boxers were like you know so three minutes ago!!!!!!!!!lolz

Please thongs are the new boxers!Boxers were like you know so three minutes ago!!!!!!!!!lolz
    so 3 minutes ago is so yesterday,do people still use that ?Hope not!

yeah but like now its like so seven minutes ago so your point is mute!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Dazzler, don't mind them all!

This summer, guys fashion is more or less the same as it was last summer, except lighter. We're talking light coloured khaki or beige combats teamed with a white linen shirt, sleevesr rolled up. Only to be worn on genuinely NICE days, and if your'e in the 21-28 bracket.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with tthe combats and a nice tshirt- band-names tees are big this season. The Ramones, the Hives, Steps... whoever you're into, as long as they're substantially cool!

Loose-fit stone washed jeans and Vans- they're the chef shoes. Very very in. Worn with blue or green tshirt, under a ashort sleeved white shirt, messy hair and Aviator sunglasses.

The glasses are important. Buy a good pair that suit the shape of your face.

What you're best off doing is going into H&M, Zara, Bershka, etc, and ask a senior retail assistant, preferably a female, what sells well to guys like yourself.

Otherwise, buy basics- classic things, and update them with accessories like shoes and belts. And if you're a jewelley guy, great. just as long as it's not that bling crap.

You'll be beeeeyooootiful- just do not be swayed into buying the dreaded pink tshirt.

Fashion also very much depends on the niche you fit into. Like Emo (which all of a sudden is VERY in), Rugger Bugger,football gear type, shirt, Nike Shox and tracksuit bottom type, Converse and pink tshirt type... let me know and I can be of more assistance. Feel free to PM me.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Dazzler, don't mind them all!
    This summer, guys fashion is more or less the same as it was last summer, except lighter. We're talking light coloured khaki or beige combats teamed with a white linen shirt, sleevesr rolled up. Only to be worn on genuinely NICE days, and if your'e in the 21-28 bracket.
    Unforunately im 18!
    Otherwise, you can't go wrong with the combats and a nice tshirt- band-names tees are big this season. The Ramones, the Hives, Steps... whoever you're into, as long as they're substantially cool!
    So i can wear my old take that t shirt?:o must remember to wash out the "stains"
    Loose-fit stone washed jeans and Vans- they're the chef shoes. Very very in. Worn with blue or green tshirt, under a ashort sleeved white shirt, messy hair and Aviator sunglasses.

The glasses are important. Buy a good pair that suit the shape of your face.
    Sweet i love glasses!
    What you're best off doing is going into H&M, Zara, Bershka, etc, and ask a senior retail assistant, preferably a female, what sells well to guys like yourself.
    Could I ask a gay lad instead?;)

Otherwise, buy basics- classic things, and update them with accessories like shoes and belts. And if you're a jewelley guy, great. just as long as it's not that bling crap.

You'll be beeeeyooootiful- just do not be swayed into buying the dreaded pink tshirt.

Fashion also very much depends on the niche you fit into. Like Emo (which all of a sudden is VERY in), Rugger Bugger,football gear type, shirt, Nike Shox and tracksuit bottom type, Converse and pink tshirt type... let me know and I can be of more assistance. Feel free to PM me.
    I hate emo!Hmmm i dunno!football playing,college going,river island,the jean scene going,love
    going out(MAYBE A LITTLE TOO MUCH!What niche am I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Red fur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

java eyes

• Advertisement

Surreal post. This is a thread for men. Manly men!

Now what sort of smell? Something French is definatly in. I mean...come on!

Something to put their arm around when they go out on the town. Tall, thin, java eyes, cool to look at, warm inside. You get the picture?;)

Fashionable Id say alright. But no doubt beyond the range of the average male. Would the common fellow be able to carry it off? This stylish companion?

If you can walk the walk,
    And talk the talk,
    Then step on out!

Step out? Gladly. I shall be at
    coffeehouse. Pistols or swords?

Beanie flippers at ten paces.:p

I shall see you at dawn. Mohatma Ghandhi is my second. Ill be the one wearing the better-fit loincloth.

I'll be in black leather, half calf black boots, black Raybans, and an attitude.

^
    ^
    :confused:

Apparently you are meant to be wearing vans this summer.

• Advertisement

Yeah? Well maybe me and Ghanhi will develop attitude.

"Yo! Whats up, baby?"

"Nothing, Mahatma. You chillaxing?"

Blue_Lagoon will be my second. But she wants to flip too.

No offense but she can flip her beanie bags somewhere else.:D She can challenge my second. Though hed be a pushover. Bit of a pacifist.

You might reconsider, given the way she is dressed. She says that lads should dress this summer in trunks that fall below the knees and a good tan on the rest. Surf's up and she's off. So I lost my second.

So finally thats whats "in" Not applicable in Ireland either of those two given the weather sometimes.

Reconsider? Naaa. Would you be swayed by Ghandi?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

red Clown pantaloons i hear are the new thing on the street in milan

• Advertisement

OK, how about a black panther draped over your shoulders? Now, that would be making a fashion statement for the lads evening wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

OK, how about a black panther draped over your shoulders? Now, that would be making a fashion statement for the lads evening wear.

Black Panther as in animal, or activist? Because the latter would just look a little odd.

Mmm...striking. Especially if was warm, purring and went de-dum, de-dum, de-dum, de-dum.

What about a foxpelt? And where would that go?

Demetrius wrote:
    Mmm...striking. Especially if was warm, purring and went de-dum, de-dum, de-dum, de-dum.

What about a foxpelt? And where would that go?

Lads used to wear fox collars. Roaring 20's? Well, roaring something...

No lad wears this fox-pelt! Wouldnt it look better as a different collar? On something roaring?

• Advertisement

Sure, a gal would wear a fox, engulfing her to keep out the chill on a cool summer's night. But this thread is for lads.
    Demetrius wrote:
    No lad wears this fox-pelt! Wouldnt it look better as a different collar? On something roaring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Full length tights/leggings things with the criss-cross webbing tyiong them together at the back.

Mucho delicio.

Sure, a gal would wear a fox, engulfing her to keep out the chill on a cool summer's night. But this thread is for lads.

An exception is made here. Only you may wear the Fox-pelt. Preferably with something slinky.

Shear and revealing, so that the fur of the fox could be felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

what about rabbit pelt? Support your local Aussie

Shear and revealing, so that the fur of the fox could be felt.

Yes. Also as a cooling down measure. Physical activity can be strenuous and tiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

This is such a typical thread of Borads.ie full of sarcastic replies.. Someone must agree with me here!!
    Anyway, my contribution.. I think combats will be in this summer. I saw a nice navy pair the other day and can'twait to get em now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

This is such a typical thread of Borads.ie full of sarcastic replies.

Indeed. Sure heavy internet users arent going to be the most fashion orientated. Pity as it could be interesting to actually talk about clothes without these hilarious clowns joining in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Matarese

fade2black wrote:
    And underpants outside your trousers. Superman returns this summer ya know.

Haha.....I fully endorse this idea.

The ladies will go wild.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Diarmiud

Judging from the Emo rampage thread, it seems studded belts, gap jeans and a full-bleed shirt.

Ive got my bottle of black hair-dye. Have you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement