Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you say goodbye?

Options
  • 22-04-2006 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Master League started 3 months ago
    6 Star
    Match Mode Players
    West Ham

6 seasons in division 2 (once coming last) no money scraping the wages year after year, never gave up. Kept on playing kept keeping the faith each season having to sell a good player just to get by with wages. Noone ever loaned me players. Bought Yakubu in 1st season and played a 4 5 1 him and Benayoun bascially keeping me afloat. Bought in Nasri a 17 year old from Marseille superb player went to a 4 3 2 1 him and Benny playing AMFs.

8 season form
    2005 8th W1D5L8 Cup 1st game
    2006 4th W6D4L4 Cup final 4
    2007 5th W5D3L6 Cup runner up
    2008 4th W5D6L3 Cup Runner up
    2009 5th W5D6L3 Cup final four << Consistent
    2010 1st W11D0L3 Cup Runner up
    Div 1
    2011 4th W14D11L5 Cup Runner up

Started with minimum amount of cash.

Eventually Yakubu started to be top scorer for 4 successive seasons missed out on promotion 3 years in a row in the last game. Always promised to obliterate teams just never had the cutting edge and ability to defend for 90 minutes. Then came my season where i had 10k to spend after the wages!!!!

Best 11 when romping home to Div 2 title
    Carroll
    Scaloni CB A Beretsky CB A Ferdinand CB
    Reo Coker DMF
    Clarke/Fletcher RWB Konchesky LWB
    Nasri Benayoun Newton all AMFS
    Yakubu CF

Won the league had cash to spend went mental and bought in another CB Haqui GK Erkhat and AMF CA. Just done 1st season in Div 1 came 4th but if i won last game would have been 2nd gutted, seriously gutted contemplating giving it all up. Lost Div 1 final too , Bruge beat me in final and in last game i drew 1-1 with them, they got a peno that never was. My siging policy is they must be 15-23 and as free as possible. Just added Zidane Jovanivic and Montella . But when they go into the side mainly to be backups to my AMFs and CF nearly all the original West Ham players will be gone, mostly due to retirement but some had to be sold for cash.

Possible starting 11 for new season.

Erhkat ////Carroll < i hate him cost me 4 cups.
    Hagui Beretsky Ferdinand ////// with Mihailovic Ward and Gabbidon as back ups.
    Reo Coker //////////Carboni and Scaloni as backups
    Fae and Konchesky ///// Carboni Scaloni and Mullins
    Nasri Ca Benayoun ////Zidane Jovenvic Diego Capel and Newton (38 this year) back ups
    Yakubu ///Montella

Play a 3 3 3 1 with 3 Cbs a DMF in front of them and 2 WBs to get forward to suppport wide AMFs and a central AMF and a in the box CF. Generally swamp teams but next seaons will tinker again with back 3, 2 many one on ones that get by, need to cut them out.

Do you go on? Do you start again with a new team? Its hard to say goodbye when the team you picked pretty much isnt there anymore. But playing ML is to get the best team possible so im heading that way but after doing it the really hard way i liked having crap players as it made it more fun.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Suggestion:
    The formation you're playing mightn't be doing the world of good for you. Keep 4 at the back anyway whatever you do.

The formation I play is usually 4-1-2-3 (listed in the game as 4-3-3 attacking I think). That way, I can put pressure on the other team's defenders when they have the ball. I've got a load of goals from them either giving the ball away or having to hoof because they had no other option.

Another thing is, do you use the quick tactics? I forget the name of them in the game but I use the offside trap a lot and it works like a dream. Its only a two button combo to apply it. I do give away the odd goal alright but I rarely get beaten against the computer anyway.

EDIT: Oh and you say goodbye when things become too easy for you ie when you're constantly winning trebles of league, cup, and european trophy without breaking a sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,681 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I only have Pes 4 so maybe what im gonna say is irrelevent but anyway.. went through the same kinda thing as you, picked my team as liverpool on 6 stars but was too easy so started again as pool, but got rid of gerrard, baros, diouf, kewell, cisse etc, basically everyone good. kept Hypia alright as i figured would be ok since was aging so much anyway, and used all the reserve team players instead. bought a few players as well, but only got young young players (17, 18, 19 and none that were in from the classic teams like pele etc). A lot of the reserves really steped up to the mark immediately, otsemober and warnok as full backs, medjani with hypia centre, brought in muntari in DMF, which was kinda unfair as he's really good but was cheap (swap deal of Welsh + money) and young so i counted it, potter as CMF and then bought pennent and a 17 year old lad Jackson as attacking attacking wingers/OMF's with Sinama Pongolle and a mixture of my other reserves (le tellec, Mellor etc)
    Got promoted in first season and brought in Saviola to play with Pongolle. Left that team alone pretty much, though did have to replace Hypia when he got ancient with another old defender (cant remember who now). Won the league after 3 disappointing seasons finishing midtable then around 6th then 2nd. Won Champions league (equivelant) the next year so i felt that was a good time to let it go... Still go back to the old savegame every now and again for a quick bash.
    Did it again after with AZ Alkmar, bringing in noone till got promoted and had a few seasons in top div. Was lucky there though as Nelisse was an unreal striker! El Khatabi was pretty good too. Gave up playing with them after i won the Div 1 league, took about 4 years i think, won the Wefa masters in there as well. tired now so will stop typing. Happy days though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Havent played ML since i made that post, just cant be arsed its not West ham anymore :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

You ever thought of playing football manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I have trouble like this even on football manager.
    I normally start off from a ****ty conference team, and I face huge problems when i get to the premiership.
    First off, all the hot talents that I trained up no longer are the hot talents that I trained up :) They are like uber super stars, but i've grown attached to them, and when I get offers of 140 million, it's tough to say yes cause I like them too much.
    The real problem I face is when playing Man Utd.
    Even in the game, I have trouble beating them, once I couldn't take it cause I knew it would mean they wouldn't get CL football, so I let them win.
    It's really weird. Then when I eventually take over them, players like Rooney and Ronaldo are either 28, or tend to be with other clubs. All the great youth prospects liek Jones and Rossi are at diff clubs. So I end up buying them so it feels like United again.
    It's quite weird really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

PHB wrote:
    The real problem I face is when playing Man Utd.
    Even in the game, I have trouble beating them, once I couldn't take it cause I knew it would mean they wouldn't get CL football, so I let them win.
    It's really weird. Then when I eventually take over them, players like Rooney and Ronaldo are either 28, or tend to be with other clubs. All the great youth prospects liek Jones and Rossi are at diff clubs. So I end up buying them so it feels like United again.
    It's quite weird really.

Yes that really is quite strange :p

Advertisement