Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dell w2600 lcd screen

• 22-04-2006 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,607 ✭✭✭✭

hey lads
    im hoping to get sky hd in the future and im wondering will my Dell w2600 get the most out of the hd channels

and in the future willl it get the most out of the ps3 too

http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_W2600/4507-6482_7-31006682.html

and if not can someone recommand a great hd ready tv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yes the Dell TV will allow 720p on both Sky HD and the PS3.

It has component and DVI[+HDCP] connections which are whats required for HD.

The Sky boxes have a HDMI output so you will need a HDMI-DVI cable but those are easy to acquire. According to Sky's HD FAQ the initial Sky HD boxes will also feature a component output but these may disappear from future boxes they way it's worded.

The PS3 also has HDMI outputs plus a multi-analogue output which supports component so you can use either.

As for other TV's I strongly recommend Samsungs line they are great displays. If your looking for 720p check out the 26" range which offer pretty good value. They roughly all use the same basic panel it's just the difference in model numbers is down to the style of the casing & they all come with either a HDMI or DVI connection & component input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,607 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

8T8 wrote:
    Yes the Dell TV will allow 720p on both Sky HD and the PS3.

It has component and DVI[+HDCP] connections which are whats required for HD.

The Sky boxes have a HDMI output so you will need a HDMI-DVI cable but those are easy to acquire. According to Sky's HD FAQ the initial Sky HD boxes will also feature a component output but these may disappear from future boxes they way it's worded.

The PS3 also has HDMI outputs plus a multi-analogue output which supports component so you can use either.

As for other TV's I strongly recommend Samsungs line they are great displays. If your looking for 720p check out the 26" range which offer pretty good value. They roughly all use the same basic panel it's just the difference in model numbers is down to the style of the casing & they all come with either a HDMI or DVI connection & component input.
    thanks 8T8

i think theres no need to change to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I have the Dell 26" LCD TV, it has very good connectivity, class TV.

8T8,
    I was thinking of getting the Samsung 37" LE37R41BX for the Main Room.

What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well I suppose I'm biased but the Samsung panels are great, the picture quality is very good on the displays no ghosting or blurring and when matched with a good quality source material/signal the quality I think at least is superb.

A large range of options are available to tweak the colour/brightness/sharpness settings to your liking along with adjustable profiles for different inputs.

A very good range of inputs dual scart (1xRGB), RF, composite, component, HDMI or DVI, S-Video & VGA+PC Audio in.

Surprisingly good for games (PC or console) better even than my good desktop Dell display which is actually slightly annoying :)

Not sure on this but the LE-37R41BX on the end could be that the Freeview version of the LE-37R41B it just means on top of everything else you also get an inbuilt Freeview tuner not that does us any good unless your near one of the broadcast antennas in the north I believe.

Specs on Samsungs site.

I have tested quite a bit with my 26" LE-26R41BDX TV so if there is anything you want to ask about image quality with various devices ask away.

Also a component splitter even a cheap one like this which is what I use comes in extremely handy as with only one Scart RGB input assuming that goes to your TV. Component offers the best picture quality for DVD players/consoles so such a device will allow you to use more than one on the single component input - no loss of picture quality either I have a PS2 & Xbox 360 hooked up to one.

Thanks 8T8, Your advise is well taken.

I hope order this in the next week as i should be getting a bonus. I work for Samsung so I get a few quid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Guys

Sorry to dredge up old threads but in the market for a 37 or 40 inch lcd tv

Saw this 40" http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=319652&view=detailed

And also this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=319650

there is a difference of €80 between the two but WHY? they seem like the same spec or am i missing something.

What are samsungs generally like as i think i may settle on a 37 or 40 samsung tv either way? Sick of looking at every lcd site.

just hope a 40" will not dwarf the sitting room as there is a 32"CRT there right now that is aging fast ;-)

Any remarks welcome

The differance is that Samsung LE-40R72B is Silver, glossy black and the Samsung LE-40R71B is Blue, glossy black.

Im ordering the LE37R74BD today. http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26r74bdxxeu.asp?page=Specifications

Advertisement