Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesbian Chat room??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Johnnymcg wrote:
    Ah now in fairness I think that's going a bit too far

I don't think it goes far enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

And there aren't men who feel that way about women the backlash anitfeminists ?
    Closed support groups work esp for those going through trama and change in their lifes be it the AA, rape surviours, breastfeeding, miscarrige, anger management, single parents, what ever.
    If you are not one of the people who are in that group then you don't have the common frame of reference to disscus what ever issues in that format and from that point of view.
    Tis a bit like Bones questioning Spock about death, sometimes if you haven't been on that journey you can't have the common frame of reference needed.

I certainly would not be pushing to try get into or demand to be allowed into
    a Bimale support and disscussion group, I would consider it impolite and disrespectful.

Thaedydal wrote:
    And there aren't men who feel that way about women the backlash anitfeminists ?
    Closed support groups work esp for those going through trama and change in their lifes be it the AA, rape surviours, breastfeeding, miscarrige, anger management, single parents, what ever.
    If you are not one of the people who are in that group then you don't have the common frame of reference to disscus what ever issues in that format and from that point of view.
    Tis a bit like Bones questioning Spock about death, sometimes if you haven't been on that journey you can't have the common frame of reference needed.

I certainly would not be pushing to try get into or demand to be allowed into
    a Bimale support and disscussion group, I would consider it impolite and disrespectful.
    I'd disagree that the forum in question is a support group in the fashion you discribe. I support such groups, and I absolutely see their need. However, closed support groups arn't concerned with, or at least shouldn't be, things outside the group, imho. I'd find it illogical for a Bimale support group, which was actively concerned with the level of acceptance of Bimales in the outer world, to be closed off. Maybe my opinion of the place would be different, but I was banned (without ever posting) before fully looking into the support side. The two forum members that posted here, didn't point out what you outlined above as a reason for men being banned. But rather that men arn't allowed because obviously the only reason my a man would interact with a woman, is in the hope of a ride. Thats more then a little impolite and disrespectful, if you ask me.

Edit: Having searched the forum I can't really find anything which supports your assertions about the forum, except perhaps this thread. Which as you can see for yourself is in a restricted section of the forum.

BTW if anybody has any doubts about the attitudes on the forum, have a look here

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

When you've all finished ranting.....how about the original posters question? any other sites or forums other than the ones already mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

While I personally don't have a problem with that website I do agree with LiouVille. If boards.ie decided to let in only striaght men, women,homosexual males and bisexuals but not lesbians.. there would be problems.

If that website let in only lesbian females (not straight ones.. why would they need a lesbian forum?) then it would be ok. The fact that it lets in more than in serves for and excludes only some doesn't make acceptable to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

LiouVille wrote:
    We don't have a gay only forum do we? Call it acceptable discrimination, but don't pretend it's not discriminating against men. They don't seem to mind straight women nor bi-sexuals , so obviously it's not lesbians only, It's just men that are banned. Stark, I have little doubt that what ever attitude came up with such a ban, was rooted it bitter divison and biggotry. .

Ye sorry but often this rule is put n place to prevent the odd (not EVERY) man who thinks a bita lessie chat is a HUGE turn on and frankly the type guy who tends to piss the fcuk outta most lesbians...

Are there many irish ones?! didnt think there were?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Shellie13 wrote:
    Ye sorry but often this rule is put n place to prevent the odd (not EVERY) man who thinks a bita lessie chat is a HUGE turn on and frankly the type guy who tends to piss the fcuk outta most lesbians...
    At least have the honesty to say you're banning simply on gender rather than trying to dress it up. Maybe you should ban women as well since I'm sure there has been the odd (not EVERY) woman whose comments have provoked a ban on that site.

In the end of the day if people wish to run a website and restrict its membership for whatever bigoted reason they’re free to do so, these are after all private endeavours.

That really sums up the whole attitude of there and why I find it so repugnant. All men are the same and all men are bastards. I was reading a thread there about domestic violent, or should I say domestic violence against women, because domestic violence against men was quickly dismissed as a soapbox for sexists. Anyway the mantra of the thread was, men are the violent ones, men are the ones that attack women, therefore all men are capable of attacking women and are in some way responsible and should feel the shame. Some people, people not just men, struggle their entire life to control their demons so why should they, why should I, be held to account because some mother fuking scumbag can't control himself? Tell me why! You want to tell a kid that he's responsible for daddy kicking the **** out of mommy. But then again, what do you give a fuk, it's just another little bastard in the making, all set to grow up and oppress women.

But then again what do I expect; it's clearly not only the mantra of that forum, but modern feminism. You seriously come here; compare me to some perverted fuk, and except me to say what? Fair enough? That I can see the reasoning behind it and that it's logical? I can't You say it’s the "odd man", but your ok will all men being banned, that’s flawed, that statement doesn't ring true to me, and makes me think you're a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Wow, you really won't this go. Why do you hate your mother so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

/me joins sapphicireland.com

The funny thing is... you won't know who I am, as I won't tick the "male" box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You need to pass several rounds of subtle interrogation and then ask nicely for passwords before being fully welcomed into the sisterhood. (tiered access to forums).

Why anyone, male or female would bother is beyond me.

damien.m wrote:
    Wow, you really won't this go. Why do you hate your mother so much?

Damien, you've a problem with me, thats fine. I'm standing up for what I believe in, which clearly makes me allot of things in your book, but never bring my relationships into an arguement your having with me.

I expect one of two things

1) appologise for bringing my mother into this.
    or
    2) Remove my number from your phone book, my profile from your Msn list, and never contact me or talk too me again.

the_syco; Don't be an asshole, just because they don't respect men, is no reason to disrespect them and prove their point.

Keep expecting. Keep on trucking or something.

damien.m wrote:
    Keep expecting. Keep on trucking or something.

See yea damien. It must be getting lonely in that Ivory tower.

Ivory Towers are meant for one.

But I retract what I said. Honestly and wholeheartedly I apologise for my previous comment, Joe.

Accepted.

Advertisement