Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL problems

• 22-04-2006 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Anyone having problems with Eircom DSL ??

I seem to be getting cut off intermittently...when i run a diagnostic on the netopia wireless router, sometimes PPPoe fails ?? Anyone having the same problems??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

bump !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you checked your line stats? Might be that your line is not up to your bb speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

still havin problems....it's like my connection is being dropped every 15 mins....dsl light is constantly green tho....

when i get dropped router says my ip address is 0.0.0.0 etc...prob with eircom dhcp servers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

mada999 wrote:
    still havin problems....it's like my connection is being dropped every 15 mins....dsl light is constantly green tho....

when i get dropped router says my ip address is 0.0.0.0 etc...prob with eircom dhcp servers??

I have recently noticed that it takes much longer for the Eircom Netopia router to establish a PPPoE connection with Eircom's BAS (Broadband Access Server). There are several failed attempts initially, some routers will give up at this point, it depends on what your config is. There is no problem with the DSL connection to the DSLAM in the local exchange though, so dsl link light will indeed be constantly on. Best thing to do in your case is power off the router for a few minutes and try again. Are you using the Netopia or your own router?

Advertisement