Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classy Mourinho

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just for those not reading the rather fabulous Liverpool rumours and signings thread, Pool have Jose Gonazles coming this summer (once he gets his clearance) and have signed 3 defenders with another on the way. The team needs 1 striker and 1 right winger (buit thats open to debate in my book).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

redspider wrote:
    You're right Bazmo. Its what he has been doing quite well throughout the season, neither talking about players performances nor his but always something else (when they lose). In his eyes, its always the better team which loses when Chelsea lose. Strange that. He never blames his players, well rarely. He has the odd go, for example at Carvalho early in the season and Gallas was it.

Wenger is doing the same thing with his spat with Spurs over the goal incident. Clearly he is deflecting, as for the match as a whole Spurs deserved the draw, and only for some Henry brilliance Arsenal would have been beaten. The fact that he left Henry on the bench is whats known as selective memory which Wenger and Mourinho are masters of. They live in their own world, for the benefit of the team and the 'mind games'. Honesty in football doesnt pay, as Didier Drogba found out when he 'didnt' admit to cheating and using his hand.

Managers know what they are doing when they are deflecting with the blame-game tactic, and its what makes many post-match interviews with managers and indeed some players a waste of time, as they trot out the same thing time-and-time again.

I do like to see them suffering though, as both Wenger and Mourinho did over the weekend. Neither can take dissapointment like real men, alas.

redspider

It was Fergie that started this - remember the invisible "grey jerseys" when they got beaten at Soton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mike65 wrote:
    Just for those not reading the rather fabulous Liverpool rumours and signings thread, Pool have Jose Gonazles coming this summer (once he gets his clearance)

Really? Good stuff! I do kinda like that TV ad his song is in, would be nice to have an official club song writer! ;)

Just messin', yea Mark Gonzalez, Gabriel Palette and Danial Agger are all highly rated young players who should be forcing for starts in their respective positions pretty soon. We've already seen Kromkamp is more then good enough as cover for RB, so if Aurelio comes on a free from Valencia, the backline will be well sorted and supported. Right wing is still a mystery, but since Rafa seems to kinda going for older players (Victor, Giuly) to fill it i wonder does he just see them as a stopgap before Paul Anderson breaks into the team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Doh! Jose sounded right for a latino! Giuly would be a good buy i think but thats for another thread.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

mike65 wrote:
    Doh! Jose sounded right for a latino!

Do you even know what a Latino is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Is Chile not part of Latin America?

http://www.rbrww.com/locations/212.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Sorry my bad, thought he was talking about Mourinho!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

chelsea were unluckly against liverpool. liverpool played well in the first in fairness to them but it was'nt a free kick therry won the ball as it was there to be won. garcia scored a beaut of a goal in the second half alright, but chelsea had more chances in the last thirty minutes than liverpool in the whole match. some refs would have given the therry goal. o yeah im a united supporter and i do believe chelsea should have went through although im glad they wont do the double now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

TheMonster wrote:
    It was Fergie that started this - remember the invisible "grey jerseys" when they got beaten at Soton

was that when they were beaten 5-1 all those years ago?

also it was funny that wenger accused jol of using 'didn't see it' as an excuse :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

chiller wrote:
    but chelsea had more chances in the last thirty minutes than liverpool in the whole match.
    That might have something to do with the fact that Liverpool were winning 2-0 at that stage and were sitting back to protect the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

eyerer wrote:
    was that when they were beaten 5-1 all those years ago?

also it was funny that wenger accused jol of using 'didn't see it' as an excuse :D
    think its was actually 6-3. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

TheMonster wrote:
    think its was actually 6-3. :p

yeah, i for ages i thought it was 5-1 for southamption
    newcastle beat them 5-0, then southampton beat them 6-3 in the next league game

Advertisement