Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic XP theme

Options
  • 22-04-2006 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Don't really know if this should be here, but can't really see which other section it belongs to. Anyway, move it if its for another section.

I started looking into ways to change the look of my windows xp desktop. A few hacks of the ntoskrnl.exe and logonui.exe in the system32 folder later using reshacker and i've gotten my own custom bootskin and logon screen. The sonic theme came out of getting KEGA, a great sega emulator, and the whole sonic series (ah nostalga) i designed the desktop wallpaper bootskin and logon skin myself, but the windows theme is called dogmax and applied using windowsblinds and the windows media player skin is called basic5. I have also attached the 2 midi files i use for startup and shutdown, keeping with the sonic theme.

what do you think?

boot6pf.th.jpg

desktop2iw.th.jpg

logon2xl.th.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Just so you know there are various utilites that change the boot screen and logon for you without having to go to the trouble of messing with reshacker.

Stardocks free utilites which dont alter the system files;
    Logon Studio
    Boot Skin

Utilities which do hack the system files also free;
    Boot Editor
    Logon Loader

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

i know, bootskin doesn't work for my mobo. I used booteditor as well but it was very glitchy, kept randomly shutting down and it wouldn't change the progress bar for me. Plus with reshacker you can just make a copy of the ntoskrnl, set up a seperate boot (for safety) in the boot.ini file and mess around with as much as you want.

Advertisement