Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good?

Options
  • 22-04-2006 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I am going to be building a computer in the near future and i know very little about graphics cards.

I was looking at this one and i was wondering is it any good.

I do not intend on overclocking my pc so it would not need to be good in that regard. I would how ever like to play games with high graphic specs. Oblivion, etc etc

so any help would be lovely and if anyone knows a better card in the same price price range i woul dbe very grateful.

Matthew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 edavey8208

I would look into the new 7xxx series cards. the 7600 is on the low end and would perform better than a 6600gt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The 6600GT has been superseded by the 7600GT and its slightly slower brother the 7600GS so I would hold off on that card.

It sort of depends on how much you want to spend for what to actually recommend but assuming your picked a mid-range card like the 6600GT means you don't want to spend too much here are some suggestions.

7600GT €204 or €219 - very good card nice price/performance ratio should run future eye candy games with high details as long as your resolution isn't sky high e.g. higher than 1280x1024.

X1800GTO €268 - slightly more powerful & pricey than the 7600GT but also has increased image quality options for AA (Anti-aliasing) & AF (Anisotropic filtering).

As for which one to choose well if you can afford it go with the X1800GTO if not go with the 7600GT and if that isn't an option either then go with a 7600GS or the 6600GT you originally picked out.

Advertisement