Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late for social intergration?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Damien, unless you've never gone to a Gay bar and scored someone, you can't hold the moral high ground, and even if you haven't who really cares if you think it's a crutch, maybe it is, is that such a problem.

Btw, I've been in fewer gay bars fewer times then you this year, but that makes me internally homophobic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

LiouVille wrote:
    Damien, unless you've never gone to a Gay bar and scored someone, you can't hold the moral high ground,

Says the judging committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Some people like gay bars, some people don't - why is that such a problem

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Johnnymcg wrote:
    Some people like gay bars, some people don't - why is that such a problem

That's a very creative and well thought out response, thanks for your input.

damien.m wrote:
    Says the judging committee.

Well yea damien, just because you might be at a point in your life where you no longer go to gay bars, doesn't mean the whole gay community should be. Gay bars had their purpose when you used to go regularly to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

LiouVille wrote:
    Gay bars had their purpose when you used to go regularly to them.

I never did. Careful with the presumptions there. Next you'll call all women who are on Saphhic ... oh wait nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

damien.m wrote:
    I never did. Careful with the presumptions there. Next you'll call all women who are on Saphhic ... oh wait nevermind.

Perhaps if you repeat the same thing enough times history will re-write itself. Clicking your heels together 3 times may also help :rolleyes:

damien.m wrote:

damien, I've come to the conclusion you've completely lost the plot. I really hope you get what ever is up with you shorted out, because your bull**** is becoming very transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Wow, so that's why you all need gay bars? I understand now.

First off, love the "you all". Because the only thing more fun than when random people on the internet assume they know me and make sweeping generalisations is when those people attempt in the same sentence to artificially elevate themselves to some kind of moral high ground where it's fine and dandy for them to judge everyone else too. Slow clap, Damien. Slow clap.
    I certainly don't use [gay bars] because I'd be afraid of threatening some guys masculinity in a straight bar....some people need their crutches I guess.

And again with the condescending snottiness. People who know you much better seem to be doing just fine in disparaging your implication that you (sainted virgin that you are) have never gone on the pull in a gay bar, so I'll simply point out that yes, people (as a general rule, gay or straight) use crutches at times, especially when it comes to sex. Nightclubs and alcohol in general are crutches to help people pull - I don't think that my contention that trying the same thing in a straight bar (or at least the vast majority of them) can have consequences is all that far out there. Your attitude (and I'm sure you'll feel free to correct me) seems to be "**** them, if I want to hit on them, I will". Which is fine for you, but if you're honestly trying to suggest that there aren't straight guys who are going to take that very, very badly then you're off your head. I have no problem being myself around straight people, and in turn, few of them have a problem with me. If I were to start making moves on random guys, that would change, and while not agreeing with that, I can kinda see why.

Advertisement