Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Rate for 100% Mortgage

Options
  • 22-04-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best tracker rate they've come across for a 100& Mortgage. First Active have offered me 3.65% (That's 1.15% above the ECB rate) I know the rate depends on your L2V ratio and all that but they're telling me that's competitive for a 100%. Anyone know anyone giving a better rate??? Any feedback appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭utopian

PRman wrote:
    Hi, Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best tracker rate they've come across for a 100& Mortgage. First Active have offered me 3.65% (That's 1.15% above the ECB rate) I know the rate depends on your L2V ratio and all that but they're telling me that's competitive for a 100%. Anyone know anyone giving a better rate??? Any feedback appreciated!!!

Prima Finance have all the rates.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

PRman wrote:

The Central bank recently changed the equity that lenders must back loans with, with the emphasis on higher equity percentages for higher L2V mortgages. This has made it a lot more costly for mortgage providors to offer 100% mortgages (and its thought a lot of the providors currently offering them may cease that segment of the market).

The tracker component you have been offered does seem reasonable enough- what you should try to do is tie yourself into a low rate (perhaps 3.75-4%) for an initial 2 (or longer if possible) year period. The initial rate you are charged may be an area that you have space to play with (the mortgage providors tend to be very competitive on this).

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Thanks for the replies - Banks make enough money and I've been told it pays to shop around for mortgages!!

Advertisement