Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Beers?

Options
  • 23-04-2006 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

ok, due to work and holidays, I've pretty much worked out that my chances of getting to another boards beers over the next couple of weeks are between slim and none, sooo....

How about we try and organise a Summer Beers in Cork? Bring some of them boardsies from up the country down and show em' how it's really done?
    somewhere with a nice beer garden, like Tom Barry's or Fionn Barra's?
    the only times I'm free (which is why I'm getting in there first!) would be the 07/08/09 or 28/29/30 July, being Friday's, Saturday's and Sundays... A Saturday would be pretty sweet, specially if we get nice weather, all day drinking is always fun in the sun, don't we think?

so do we like this idea? show of hands who is around then and we can start organising something?

The 8th or 29th? 4 votes

Friday 7th July
    0% 0 votes
    Friday 28th July
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 8th July
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 29th July
    75% 3 votes
    Sunday 9th July
    25% 1 vote
    Sunday 30th July
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

^^^ nice idea DBB..

Corks the capital after all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Sounds good to me :D. The sooner these things are organised the better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

hurrah for more beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

On an unrelated note my birthday is the 29th but i may go away for it so the 8th is cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

ok, I've added a poll so we can see who's interested in what days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

But we can still drink before then, right? :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Pretty much any day suits me so I wont bother with the poll. I personally suggest an "as many days as possible" approach rather than only the most popular day. It's not as if there won't be at least a few of us sinking beers on any given dayanyhow, especially if it's nice summer weather and the beer gardens aren't too packed...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ditto, any day suits when there's beers involved

Advertisement