Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex VS Storm

Options
  • 23-04-2006 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Just wondering which cinema you all use?? In my opinion storm is better, but it does no business hardly. You'd think that the UL students would be attracted there, but for some reason their not. Is it cause its a euro more than the omniplex, or the fact that the area in which you buy you ticket is a sham (must buy at the confectionary counter). Either way there were big plans for this place, like have 14 screen as opposed to the current 8, and they also applied for a licence to show sporting events and have a bar with table service (dont know if that licence was ever granted).

Latest ive heard is that they are looking to leave off staff and have asked those remaining to take a pay cut. Doesnt seem to be going well for them.

So which to you perfer, and why???? Of all the talk before of Limerick only having one cinema, and needing a second at least, it seems ridiculous that storm hasn't being a success.

Frank

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

i think storm is better too, seats are more comfy and it always looks spotless inside. its spacious too so thumbs up from me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Storm. no competition. Bigger,comfier seats and less twats... win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

They are both a rip off, I tend to only go to the cinema if i desparately want to see a film. Im not the time to go every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Storm, and not just cos one of the supervisors is a good mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

Both of them are complete and utter rip offs (9 euros a pop who are trying to kid) but if I had to choose it would be Storm (last time I went there were a group of youngin's screaming and shouting ushers came in and told them to stup up or get out, so that gets a thumbs up)
    One thing I don't like about Storm is where the tickets are sold (with the food) not very good if your bring children who start to insist on munchies.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Storm every time even with the face lift the omniplex is awful. Have to agree with Billy though the price is a joke but hey what isn't these days

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i dont know why people bitch about cinema prices,you`re paying 9 quid to be entertained for 2 hours by a movie that probably cost around a 100million to make,now how much do concert tickets and nightclubs cost? and dont say theyre not the same its all entertainment at the end,if you dont like the food prices just bring your own,i used to work in the omniplex and they have no legal right to stop you bringing in your own food

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

oh,and since i went off topic,storm better screens less ads more trailers and not as many scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

i have never been to storm..too far away although it is nice from what i've heard.

I've been in the ugc in dublin a few times and that is probably the best cinema complex i've ever been too.. really well laid out.. a bar.. not to mention nearly all the screens are massive

i know its not in limerick but i was blown away by it..

and btw i dont see many scumbags in omniplex!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

storm by a mile,

The cinema in the liffey valley in dublin is the nicest one i've been to

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I go 3 or 4 times a month, have to say that i much prefer Storm. Its a bit more expensive but its worth it not to have the scanger crowd that you get in the Omniplex. Its also a lot better that you get the ticket with the popcorn etc, it saves having to queue up twice. Seats are a lot more comfortable and the screens are bigger with better sound quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭zervi2003

I have to say that I way prefer the Omniplex.

I absolutely hate the seats in Storm. It would really prevent me from going there again. People constantly kicking the back of the lean back seats---I am not going to pay €9 for the privilage.

Also, went to see a film once in Storm and the movie cut out 4 times. On the 4th time we left. Did they apologise? no. Did they refund us our money? no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Storm, better in every way, every single way. Always seemed busy enough when I was there too, surprised it's not doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

well i go to the onmiplex because all my friends go there and it is right beside the cresent and while storm might be a better cinema the castletroy shopping centre is preety crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Good point Huge.

If storm aint getting business in castletroy then they should set up in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I go to both - storm probably shades it in terms of comfort and they have lovely popcorn. Mostly it just depends on what I want to see and where the time of the film suits me best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Chuckles I'm with you the film time does really decide where i go and must admit bit partial to the popcorn on storm myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

Storm is a better cinema in my opinion but The omni has more things to do with it being in crescent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

greg678 wrote:
    Storm is a better cinema in my opinion but The omni has more things to do with it being in crescent

exactly.

Advertisement