Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Sender from Argos

• 23-04-2006 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I purchased a video sender from argos yesterday. I made sure I kept the receipt as i didnt really hold out much hope for it, at €49.

Anyway I set it up tonight it has a receiver and sender (some dont!), a scart splitter, and lead with sensor for remote control.

I eventually got it working, and have to say the suality is very good. Also my SKY remote works in the other room, which is great. The only thing is I cant get the video to send. I have it set up as follows:

Transmitter ---into scart splitter.

Scart splitter---- into back of video recorder, scart, video out. (so now vidoe signal is in scart splitter)

Scart splitter --- into back of TV bringing video signal.

But I thought it should, through the video, bring the Sky tv signal (it does) but also the VIDEO recorder signal, it doesnt. I think the video recorder was also connected to the TV by an aeriel lead, as weoo as scart. Maybe thats why I cant tranefer video signal.

I hope thats not all too confusing, and maybe soneone can shed some light on it!

But even for transferring TV its v good, and great value. Its the cheapest one in argos!

regards

h

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭Tony

if you connect the video to the digibox's vcr socket and the tv socket on the digibox to video sender it should transmit the video when you press play. If your vcr has more than one scart socket try both.

Hope this helps

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I just bought the one for €74.99, I can only presume that it's better or I've been ripped off!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Tony

Do you mean by scart? I think the way it is, is this:

Sky box has 2 scarts (out I presume) 1 going to TV and 1 to Video

Video out scart is going to transmitter (through the scart splitter)

then from the transmitter to the TV

So i can still watch video through tv as normal. But video wont send to the receiver. When I play a video, it will show up on the 1st tv, but it wont send; on the other tv, av channel, I still get the Sky channels. Theres only one av on the receiving tv, could that be the reason....

Also on the 1st tv, Im now getting a little "shadow" or flicker, i presume because of scart splitter; this is on E1. But on the other one E2 theres no interference.

h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A broadband router and microwave will interfere with signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

colm_mcm wrote:
    A broadband router and microwave will interfere with signal.
    That could explain why mine never worked :(. I have 2 wireless routers pretty close to the tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Yeah I meant by scart, its strange it does not transmit the video picture since thats on your tv, try a direct lead from the digibox video scart to the sender without using any scart splitters.

hawthorn wrote:
    Tony

Do you mean by scart? I think the way it is, is this:

Sky box has 2 scarts (out I presume) 1 going to TV and 1 to Video

Video out scart is going to transmitter (through the scart splitter)

then from the transmitter to the TV

So i can still watch video through tv as normal. But video wont send to the receiver. When I play a video, it will show up on the 1st tv, but it wont send; on the other tv, av channel, I still get the Sky channels. Theres only one av on the receiving tv, could that be the reason....

Also on the 1st tv, Im now getting a little "shadow" or flicker, i presume because of scart splitter; this is on E1. But on the other one E2 theres no interference.

h

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

JohnK wrote:
    That could explain why mine never worked :(. I have 2 wireless routers pretty close to the tv.

My digisender (4+ years old) has a channel selector on the back. By changing what channel the digisender transmits on, it is possible to avoin interference with Wifi.

I have never had any problem with the microwave, though.

Advertisement