Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands in Galway

Options
  • 23-04-2006 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

so who have you seen that you would be a huge follower of? well being a Sally longs junkie i have to say that i am mad about "Live and dangerous" a Thin Lizzy tribute they are amazing, has anybody seen my mates who are the band "driven to this" what do you think? so who do you go to see whenever they are up or back in the city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

nobody like music around here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

tumbleweed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Ah Crap I'm moving to Galway because I thought it had a thriving music scene :( oh and the prettiest women

It has a thriving music scene. IrishAirCorps' taste may differ slightly from everyone elses, yet he expects instant chat and banter when he posts a thread. Things are going to be kinda quiet for a bit as students are going through exams, leaving us with a chance to improve the SNR of the forum for a fortnight.

Tallaghtband <sp?> made me jump about and laugh. Thumbs up.
    Not strictly Galwegian, but Jinx Lennon is a man you must see.
    Go with an open mind, heart and ear (Drogheda accent) and you should enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Negasus, http://www.myspace.com/negasus.

The Ghostwood Project, anyone?

Oh and not from the city exactly, but my favourite is Noelie McDonnell. Brilliant.

http://www.noeliemcdonnell.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

The Weightless Astronoughts

Tight Rope

These are two excellent bands who usually play in The Kings Head or The Quays at weekends!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Weightless Astronauts rock. Them and the Lewd Tunes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Provincial covers bands, may god have mercy on us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Far too many cover bands for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

LEWD TUNES===Hang on while i throw up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Down with original music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

No Banjo are a rather decent one right now. Covers, yes, but on many acoustic guitars and perhaps a mandolin. Lots of blues/blues rock. Worth a look, if you like that sort of thing. King's Head on Wednsdays, if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

Yung Turks are pretty class, they're a jazz / rock /classical (it can be done :P) band. I think it's 2 brothers; at least they look really alike... Just acoustic guitar & drums, all instrumental, really interesting music.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I'll be bring my sensitive Alt. Country/folk and not so sensitive BeerRock stylings to Galway.

If everything goes to plan should be moving over mid Sept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

Mirakil Whip are bloody great - they are 2 of my mates . Aaron and Ann-Marie - I used to play in a few bands with Aaron.

Young(Jung?) Turks were class.
    I saw that blast beats BOTB thing on n2 last Friday. Anyone have the names of the bands from Galway?
    The young lads from Loughrea made me smile. And people worry about kids listening to Death Metal instead of wholesome music like Brian Kennedy and Christina Aguilera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭eyedrenalin

Cane141 are the highest calibre of band to come out of galway in years.

Weightless Astronauts???!!!! You know that jingle on the radio for Pat McDonnell Paints "We're gonna paint this town... Paint This Town." - - - That's them! [shakes head in pity]

Natch!

Advertisement