Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House/Car alarm -GSM add on

Options
  • 23-04-2006 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Ok Guys.... Here's one for the experts.....
    I want the ability to upgrade existing alarm systems by installing GSM dialers. Land line not available in one location. I attach .pdf’s for two devices for your perusal. I need to know exactly how to hook them up to panels that do / do not have digi outputs. If my reading is correct the contacts need to be “volt free”. The extent of my knowledge?? I’ve installed alarms for the family (4 wire system) and I have an understanding of the two wire system. But auto dialers and digit communicators is virgin territory. Obviously I’m trying to keep the costs down and these units, if suitable, are compact and the price of £100 and £250 sterling doesn’t seem exorbitant…..unless you know better. I believe they can also be used on cars.
    I expect you lads to impress the hell outa me

Regards
    t

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

No attachments !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

If its the units I'm thinking of, cant remember the name at the mo, you just put a relay on the internal bell wire that will close the other 2 contacts when the alarm sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Pataman.. for your attempt at mind reading, thanks...but you don't know the strange thought that pass through that dark mysterious place, and you really shouldn't take such risks with your health/sanity. you might catch what I have.

Files are too big to attach. Please follow the link below

The Pocket GSM is £250.” It is a little more than a modem as it also has 4 digital inputs and 2 digital outputs.”

“We are introducing a new low cost GSM modem, the MOD9001 at £100.”

http://www.in4ma.co.uk/products/pocket_gsm.html

Regards
    t

bump....
    Still wanting your expertise, guys
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

I have a board here with 4 in 2 out that I am evaluating for an alarm wholesaler that is planning to distribute in Ireland. Works very well takes 12v feed. I expect it will be available for about €200-250 + vat. Comes with a small integrated aerial.

Where are you based I could maybe demo it to you?

How many do you need? If there are a few people interested could maybe arrange an initial order.

• Advertisement

towbar wrote:
    I have a board here with 4 in 2 out that I am evaluating for an alarm wholesaler that is planning to distribute in Ireland. Works very well takes 12v feed. I expect it will be available for about €200-250 + vat. Comes with a small integrated aerial.

Where are you based I could maybe demo it to you?

How many do you need? If there are a few people interested could maybe arrange an initial order.

I'm in Dublin. Only testing the waters here,ay the minute. Eventually would not need a 1/2 doz. Only install for family. I'm not a nixer guy
    Any info on the board after you have tested it would be appreciated
    regards
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Yes boards look good and the fact that notification is wireless means no more dependency on the landline which any professional thief will ensure is disconnected.

Each input (voltfree) can trigger an event on fault or restore - inputs can be configured to be normally open or normally closed and sensitivity set on them much like an alarm.

A message can be sent to any or all of 4 numbers on event
    A call can be made to any or all of 4 different numbers as well as a central station on event.

All programmed from a pc over serial cable.

The 2 outputs (chanegover contacts) can be controlled be an event or remote telephone with dtmf codes. The outputs can be timed to stay on for preset period or until turned off - (unfortunately this must be set at configuration time) The default is seconds but they have given us a version with minutes - this allows us to turn on heating for 1 hour so we dont have to remember to go back and manually turn it off.

I think the boards are brillant with only a few minor features that annoy like above. I originally built a board with 3 outputs and used old mobile phones to perform same task then found this board and now stuck with a batch of output only boards as the price for this board is very good.

You do need to supply your own box and power supply although it could run off the 12v alarm backup battery. The beauty of this is even if potential thief cuts power to your building you will still be notified if alarm activates. The board is about 3" x 4" with screw terminals for all cable connections and integrated sim card holder.

Scenarios.

Use the outputs to drive your heating, lights or electric gate- turn on heating remotely.

Use inputs to notify of alarm activation or if your alarm changes an output it could notify of activation and deactivation.

Notify of phone line dead and or power failure- usually first indication that a thief is about to make his entry!! Ideal for a shop with fridges as well.

Notify each time heating is turned on for the penny wise!!!

I talked to the wholesaler and obviosuily he is keen to get a few out there but ideally as a wholesaler hes looking for alarm installers however hes putting together an initial order for a few prospects and if you want will include you on the list cost will be €250 or if you want to wait and order 5 or more together cost would be €200 each.

I'm in Dublin occassionally myself but nothing in the next 2 weeks however if interested PM me and I'll send you the software and manual and you can dial into the board I have here.

towbar wrote:
    Yes boards look good and the fact that notification is wireless means no more dependency on the landline which any professional thief will ensure is disconnected.

Each input (voltfree) can trigger an event on fault or restore - inputs can be configured to be normally open or normally closed and sensitivity set on them much like an alarm.

A message can be sent to any or all of 4 numbers on event
    A call can be made to any or all of 4 different numbers as well as a central station on event.

All programmed from a pc over serial cable.

The 2 outputs (chanegover contacts) can be controlled be an event or remote telephone with dtmf codes. The outputs can be timed to stay on for preset period or until turned off - (unfortunately this must be set at configuration time) The default is seconds but they have given us a version with minutes - this allows us to turn on heating for 1 hour so we dont have to remember to go back and manually turn it off.

I think the boards are brillant with only a few minor features that annoy like above. I originally built a board with 3 outputs and used old mobile phones to perform same task then found this board and now stuck with a batch of output only boards as the price for this board is very good.

You do need to supply your own box and power supply although it could run off the 12v alarm backup battery. The beauty of this is even if potential thief cuts power to your building you will still be notified if alarm activates. The board is about 3" x 4" with screw terminals for all cable connections and integrated sim card holder.

Scenarios.

Use the outputs to drive your heating, lights or electric gate- turn on heating remotely.

Use inputs to notify of alarm activation or if your alarm changes an output it could notify of activation and deactivation.

Notify of phone line dead and or power failure- usually first indication that a thief is about to make his entry!! Ideal for a shop with fridges as well.

Notify each time heating is turned on for the penny wise!!!

I talked to the wholesaler and obviosuily he is keen to get a few out there but ideally as a wholesaler hes looking for alarm installers however hes putting together an initial order for a few prospects and if you want will include you on the list cost will be €250 or if you want to wait and order 5 or more together cost would be €200 each.

I'm in Dublin occassionally myself but nothing in the next 2 weeks however if interested PM me and I'll send you the software and manual and you can dial into the board I have here.

Thanks for that Towbar. I'll keep you in mind. As I say I'm considering options at the min. Next is to find some free time. afraid it's gonna be a stop / start job.
    t

Advertisement