Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reggie Bush

Options
  • 23-04-2006 10:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen this kid play?

Looks likely that he will be drafted by Houston and i can see him having a lot to do with a vast improvement on their record last season.

He is gonna be the next big thing in the NFL, no question about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

he is still quite small

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Like Barry Sanders...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Sure he's small but he's quick. He's also tough, I've seen one or two times where he's knocked people out of his way. Don't know if it'll be the same at pro level but watching him in college was like watching ronaldinho, there was always something extra that he'd pull out. There are rumours going round that houston are going to trade down which would be (a) hilarious and (b) stupid, don't think you can pass on this guy. Although if they did trade he'll probably end up at New York, as a Pats fan I don't want that to happen...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I seen a great video of him on NASN the other day, he really is unbelivable. A definite pro-bowler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

The Texans should trade down IMO. What's the point of getting Bush if you've no O-Line in front of him. Domanick Davis is an incredible back, the Texans do not have a need at RB. They should trade down and get D'Brickashaw and another good OL in the late 1st/early 2nd round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Hi Lothaar, in a normal year I'd agree, there's no point taking an Alex Smith 1st if you have more glaring needs, but Bush really does seem special. Davis is good but there's no comparison, you can always try and trade him to beef up the OL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

This guy is the business. He'll not only affect his own team by just being so good, he'll also force other teams defenses to change their strategies of how to play against him. he can do it all... run, play wide out, return punts and kick offs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Yeah, that is until he gets mangled by a big fat nose tackle and linebacker because theres no line blocking for him.

A great running back needs a great OLine, without the line half the backs in the league are nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Well, turns out i was right about him.

He has been nothing short of feckin incredible this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

no he hasnt been incredible. I wouldnt have him in the top 3 rookies.

He hasnt even been the best rookie on his team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geoff_nfl

no way is reggie bush in the top 3 rookies!!!! my top 3 are 1. vince young because he has been so incredible to the titans and made them a real upset to others in the nfl, 2: maurice jones-drew because he is unstoppable and what a rookie season he is having! 3: marques colston because 1001 receiving yards so far in his rookie season from a 7th round draft pick 31 teams missed out big! i still like reggie bush but he is not a great rusher and acts more like a receiver for the saints with 700 reception yards!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

I do agree Colston and co are having great seasons etc, and there's other too, what about Maroney for New England, who have had zero running game without him?

However, the thing you are missing if you don't at least include Reggie in the mix for rookie of the year is, he has had an immesurable effect on not only New Orleans offence but also every defence he has played against.

The way New Orleand use him, the defence never really knows where he is going to pop up next. Basically they are over compensation, which frees Deuce and Colston and co to have spectacular individual statistical seasons.

By the by, a 4 TD game is a pretty decent game.

Advertisement