Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Scan Rip Off

Options
  • 23-04-2006 12:34pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I'm very slow to criticise Superquinn - they're my local supermarket and they're irish and make great pizza - so i don't really like writing this:

Their new Super Scan system overcharged my dad when he bought Duck for dinner. There was an offer stuck on, which had its own barcode, but my dad scanned the 'real' barcode. So the system happily charged him the full price. Presumably a real checkout operator could make the same mistake too. Surely their EPOS system can't be that crap that it needs a special barcode to reduce an item. Any of the three EPOS's I've worked with have all had the facility to reduce any item in any store or combination - what can't SQ do it and save us all the money?

Advertisement