Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 306 Gear Stick

Options
  • 23-04-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi All

I drive a peugeot 306. Is my first car i was wondering is it normal for the
    Gear stick to move or vibate a little when driveing.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

Hi Keitht
    I also have a 306 and it is my first car, I can't tell you if it is normal or not but mine does it as well. I would say that it has alot to do with the age of the design of the car as the 306 was in production largely unchanged it would seem since 1991. For example if you check the manual they have a diagram for the 1.4 without a cat fitted and that is in the manual for a 99.

Car given you any bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭keitht

Thanks for geting back to me.
    car is going very well. have it 6 months put 12000 miles up on her.and its still going well. its 99 1.4. so id say the gear stick is the same with all the 306.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there usually is a small amount of movement, eg. when you speed up or slow down, gearknob moves slightly from left to right, perfectly normal as engine and gearbox are moving around on their mounts. shouldn't be excessive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭keitht

Thanks for your reply colm. its so good to here that is a normal thing with peugeots. my girlfriend has a jap car and the gear stick dont move at all.
    so i tink its just a peugeot thing.

Thanks again

Advertisement