Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing Guide

• 23-04-2006 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I would like to start a thread about how often my guide vanishes and what others are doing to get around this problem , as I have seen multiple posts such as mine stating that the guide order has been put out of whack and all channel listing must be reentered.

The only solution I have found so far is to make a backup of a stable system , but this is a real pain , not only cos I have to backup my unwatched tv as well as restoring the image.

This is the one issue that i HATE about my media center , as its making it near enough unusable.

so any info that can be brought together to stop this happening for me and others can only be a good thing .....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭crowej

i am having the same problem and have been for a while now

apparantly its to do with the tv service not being mapped. the only solution i have found is to use the guide for the uk or northern ireland, you loose some channels but its worth it for a stable system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Thanks Crowej - also just read ur post a few down with this same issue, seems like UK is the way fwd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Crowej ,

Can you talk me through how you set your NTL Digi up ?

So far I have changed the listing to UK, but do I enter a Northern Irish postcode here and if so what did you use ?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Do any of you have Eurosport listings in your guide?
    About half my channels have no information other than the channel name, for Sky digital. Is this a problem at my end, or are they just not listed?

for the northern ireland EPG i just looked up a post code from belfast, cant remeber which one i used.

i am using a london post code now, no reason just i reset it up last week and there was a letter on my desk from a company in london so i used there post code.

also

i had the same problem with the sky digital guide, half of the channels were missing data one of the reasons i switched back to the UK EPG.

the irish guide is not really ready for propper use, maybe with the release of vista's MCE they will get it sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

So can I just switch to the UK EPG to get all the listings. Are all the channels in different places - RTE etc...

you can get everything except tv3, tg4 and city channel i think

Advertisement