Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did Bernard end up on a plane seat? in a tree

• 23-04-2006 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I was watching lost last week when they showed what previously happened in the first episode. I remember just before the plane crashed that Jack was talking to Bernard’s wife who says he is in the toilet and be sure to tell him when he gets back. Then the plane hit the turbulence and people were throwing around the seats.

MY question is that Bernard was found 20FT up in a tree sitting in one the plane's seat and a seat belt on?

How did he get back to his seat, he was in the toilet one minute and the next there were people being throwing around the plane and then it spilt in two.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well he had time to dive into the nearest seat, like Charlie did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I think le-dub is wright on this one. I actually thought the same thing myself. The plane hit the air pocket and there were bodies flying all over the place. I thought the plane was full anyway unless he managed to jump on to a seat as he was plumpting towards the ground:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

why not ask, "How did they survive that plane crash with only minor scratches and bruises?" that astonishes me the most...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

He couldn't of got back to "his" seat. If he did he would of crashed on the island with Jacks group.

So he must of taken an empty seat at the back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They showed Charlie leaving the bathroom and strapping himself into a free seat. Therefore, the plane wasn't full and there was plenty of time to do this. I guess the writers assumed that viewers were smart enough to use some common sense and put 2 and 2 together :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I think le-dub is wright on this one. I actually thought the same thing myself. The plane hit the air pocket and there were bodies flying all over the place. I thought the plane was full anyway unless he managed to jump on to a seat as he was plumpting towards the ground:rolleyes:
    and get his seatbelt on ???:confused:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What did you expect him to do, read the in flight magazine? :D If you managed to get into a seat on a plane that may be hurtling towards the ground, you could bet that you'd get that belt on pretty sharpish. They're designed to be puton and tightened quickly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It showed Charlie getting into his seat and putting on his seat belt but it didnt show Bernard doing that.

Bernard could've been in the same situation. But we arent shown it so its open to interpretation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

We didn't see him going to the bog either. The producers assume we don't need to be spoonfed every detail.

Advertisement