Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System of a down + Ireland = no go?!!!

Options
  • 23-04-2006 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

:( Will system EVER be playing in Ireland in the future?!!

All my research says no!!! :(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

What does your reasearch consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

my research brought up rumours of a late in the year gig......only rumours though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There've been rumours for years. I'll believe it when the overpriced tickets go on sale for a bad venue. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

:( Will system EVER be playing in Ireland in the future?!!

All my research says no!!! :(:(
    What Research?..Their touring the states til july i think...no reason why they wont come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'll believe it when the overpriced tickets go on sale for a bad venue.

Ha, too true! They actually touring the States till middle of August! So says their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

they've played in Ireland before, I see no reason why they wouldnt play here in the future....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

album sales ???
    if there sales are good enough they'll play here on the next Euro tour......if not they probably won't bother......

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

**** SOAD. We'll just clone them and make them preform for us. Dance monkeys, DANCE! ...

If they're lucky they'll be allowed play music too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

larryone wrote:
    they've played in Ireland before, I see no reason why they wouldnt play here in the future....

I remember it well. 'Twas the summer of Ozzfest, with no actual Ozzy in sight. Still though, guess it meant more time to see Slayer, SOAD, and Tool. :D

Ah yes, Ozzfest. If only i wasnt in like 5th or 6th class back then and like the likes of U2 and other media favourites. How times have changed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ah yes, That ozzfest gig was unreal, to be honest though after seeing there show from download last year on scuzz im not sure i even want to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I had only heard 2 SOAD songs before - Chop Suey and BYOB, both on one of the metal MTV channels. Really liked the slow-fast-slow structure of the songs and the cool music hooks. After looking up the web, it seemed like Toxicity was the most popular album so bought it last Saturday. Chop Suey and Toxicity stand out a mile from the other songs. The rest just seem to be shout as loud as you can, without any kind of medley.

In fairness, I've only listened to it 3 times, and plan to persevere. Is it a case of it being an album where you need to know the lyrics and shout along with it to really enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

medley!=melody

Is it a case of it being an album where you need to know the lyrics and shout along with it to really enjoy it.

Yes. Psycho is an amzing song from that album. And the first one, the Prison song. All brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

qz wrote:
    I remember it well. 'Twas the summer of Ozzfest, with no actual Ozzy in sight. Still though, guess it meant more time to see Slayer, SOAD, and Tool. :D

and Therapy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

All of Toxicity is brilliant, great album. Would love to see them, they would be brilliant live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

I have been dying to see them for ages. Would have went to download this year if they were playing, Question is best song ever, that and Aerials.

I have a very good, and sad, reason as to why they wont be playing anywhere near here this year.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1530066/20060503/system_of_a_down.jhtml?headlines=true

i dont believe it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mushy wrote:
    Ah yes, Ozzfest. If only i wasnt in like 5th or 6th class back then and like the likes of U2 and other media favourites. How times have changed

i went for mad capsule markets - techno punk at its best...well it's no Atatri Teenage Riot, but close enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

seen them in england last year, london brixton accademy, if they werent coming to ireland id go over there if you still felt the need to see them, they were brilliant live, rocked their socks off, played nearly all their songs off toxicity and album one, with a sprinkling of mezmerize, tickets were quite easy got off seetickets.com so its a realistic goer for anybody wanting to see them.
    personally i wouldnt go se them again because of the last two albums but thats a seperate and tiresome debate that dosnt need to be brought up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 12yeersl8r

medley!=melody
    **** YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

12yeersl8r wrote: »
    **** YOU

Now that’s how you hold a grudge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I wonder did they ever play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Amazing :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

So they're still not playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Mr.S wrote: »
    They did not. 16 year old me is still upset over it.

Stretching my memory, but I believe there was talk over them coming to play Download Festival (lol) when it was in the RDS (lol) but that didn't last long.

Bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I remember seeing them at Ozzfest in Punchestown - the one that Ozzy pulled out of!:D

I think it was sometime around 2002.

Drowning Pool were amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

when I was in school I remember everyone saying that System of a Down were going to be a surprise act at slane that had RHCP, Foo Fighters, QOTSA... I have no idea why!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

showpony1 wrote: »
    when I was in school I remember everyone saying that System of a Down were going to be a surprise act at slane that had RHCP, Foo Fighters, QOTSA... I have no idea why!!

Because when you are young you still believe if you wish it hard enough it will magically happen. :D See also the people who believed David Bowie would one day play the Electric Picnic.

Advertisement