Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs wont stop barking? possible solution

Options
  • 23-04-2006 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

i remember seeing a thread here months ago and also a similar thread in personal issues abouts dogs that wont stop barking. the threads are now a long time dead and buried so i start a new one.

saw this on buyandsell.ie

http://shops.buyandsell.ie/PetSecure/product_info.php?products_id=7029

i cant say how effective it is, im just tryin to help and pointing it out as a possible solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Friends of ours tryed this for ages, didn't make the slightest big of difference. For what it's worth positive re-enforcement works much better with dogs than the negative re-enforcement that this thing promotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

i try'd it too total waste of money.

maybe a few obdience lessons would be more effective or if ya have the time positive re enforcement to try break the habit.

also wat age/breed is the dog

best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

this type of thing really beats me up y do u people have dogs if u cant understand them try taking the time to see what the dog is trying to tell u and stop trying to inflict pain on them the people next door to me took great pride in telling me they where getting a coller that gave the dog a shock if he barked you people dont deserve to own dogs its cruel i wonder would any of you wear these devices i think not y dont u just spend some time with and on your pet and save your money and cop on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

tonym stop being so dramatic

the op only enquired about the collar- peoples reasons (either genuine or not)
    for using it is there business.

plus i think the first thing any person would do is try figure out why the dog is barking consistently :eek: :eek:

obviously if the reason isnt apparent one has to decide wat meaure to take to control the situation/issue. ie a vet/obdience training/ collar etc... this doesnt make someone love an animal any less.

be realistic like "oh we love our dog leave him bark all the time day & night" ya right its cruel for the dog more so as theres obviously a reason for it ie medical/ habit rtc..

out bursts like that are ***** and insulting towards the op who only made an enquiry

now me angry :mad: animal lover;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

guys i only saw the thing advertised on a website, i havnt a clue how effective it is. just showing you something i found,
    if its helpful thats great, if its not, ah well

• Advertisement
Advertisement