Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

britton insurance

Options
  • 23-04-2006 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

alrite lasd
    iv only just got my first prov and im 21
    i got an online quote of 1348eurp on a 1.2 corsa - TP only
    i rang them up to see if there was any catches etc - none none other than a 70edriving test that i gotta pass first up in the airport in cork
    is there any thing thdre not telling me
    is anyone here insured under them
    thanks lads

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Did they tell you who the insurance company with the quote was? And what's the Excess cost, in event of an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That sounds like hibernian with the ignition discount - i.e. the driving test they mentioned.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I thought that too, but wasn't sure.

Perhaps Ignition is cheaper with Provisional license, as I had to pay 220eur or thereabouts to do Ignition with a full license.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

isn't the excess on these policies something ridiculous like €3k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

i tihnk its only 350e or so
    you can specify it iniatially online
    i set it to 350e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Roy16

I got a quote of them before and the voluntary excess is a disgrace, it was around €4,000. IT doesn't matter how much you select on the quote. If i was you i would them back and ask how much it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

i was told the excess for me on a 1.4 golf would be €4k which i still cant believe is true.

FBD gave me a better quote and excess is only €120

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Britton Insurance are a Hibernian reseller and the test is the Provisional Ignition course, not the FULL one (which costs €220 or there abouts). Once you pass the test, you'll get much cheaper insurance as it gives the same price as it would if you had a full license. I'd advise you to do the test anyway, then when you pass it, you can ring up other companies (Try Tesco!). It's definitely worth the €70, it should knock much more than €70 off your premium! Then pass your test, get your full license, and then do the FULL Ignition and then you're sorted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

msut u be a farmer to get fbd insurance

grahamor wrote:
    i was told the excess for me on a 1.4 golf would be €4k which i still cant believe is true.

FBD gave me a better quote and excess is only €120

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

No- Im with them and last time I checked I wasnt a farmer

• Advertisement
Advertisement