Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitta bread

• 23-04-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have a foolproof method for "cooking" pitta bread? I've tried microwave, grill, toaster and oven, and none of them make them puff up like I believe they're supposed to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Have you dampened them with a bit of water first? It's the steam that makes them puff up. Toaster would be my method of choice, the microwave would make them pretty soggy I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

So dampen with water and then toast? There's no way they'd fit in my toaster - would the bun warmer suffice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

l find them quite long for my toaster too so l usually stand them upright and then flip them halfway through so that both ends get toasted, under the grill or oven work great too if you're not in a hurry. You could try the bun warmer but it probably wouldn't give enough heat to properly puff them up before the outside browns too much since the heat is only hitting one side of the pitta

Advertisement