Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

q on word count for history research topic?

Options
  • 23-04-2006 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

heya,whats the word count meant to be altogether, including evaluation etc etc? Mine seems to have spiralled out of control!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

there is no word count altogether is there?
    cos you only get a page for the outline plan & evaluation of sources, so you're pretty limited with them anyway

just the essay(including review) has to be between 1200-1500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Particle-Boy

Rockerette wrote:
    there is no word count altogether is there?
    cos you only get a page for the outline plan & evaluation of sources, so you're pretty limited with them anyway

just the essay(including review) has to be between 1200-1500

I am so buggered.. I have mine at 1900 and I haven't included the review... *dies* i Suck at whittling essays down. How long does the review have to be??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

can anybody give me a quick outline of how to do evaluation of sources, thats the only bit im concerned about the rest justneds to be written into the pink yoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

I am so buggered.. I have mine at 1900 and I haven't included the review... *dies* i Suck at whittling essays down. How long does the review have to be??

im prob a bit late at this stage....

review should be between 200-250 words.
    in total, the essay & review should be no more than 1500.. otherwise that shoes "poor editing skills" apparently..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 schnupi

hmm i think my essay is around 1660 words..in all fairness the examiner is not going to sit there and count the words..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: .. well i really doub it. maybe in the geography project but not here.. i'd say for as long as it fits in its alright. it doesnt say anywere that the max is 1500.. for the words. its just recommended i think..anyway i am gonna hand mine up tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Particle-Boy

Oh.. well - don't feel too bad - I was at like 1700 words so.. Wah... And I know a girl who was 1800... I guess I am going to get marked down incredibly for my editing skills in that case I guess... We were made to write it out in like 2 hours! I flew through it so I didn't get to read it and I bet I made a load of mistakes... *cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

such a relief to get it ova and done with!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

dogz wrote:
    can anybody give me a quick outline of how to do evaluation of sources, thats the only bit im concerned about the rest justneds to be written into the pink yoke

Do you mean how to say what your sources were..books and websites?

If so, you need the full title, author(s), Translater (if there was), Publishing company, date of publishing of the edition you have...and where published.

With a website you need the entire URL, the site author or author of whatever you're using as a source, when you accessed the site in question, and when it was last updated.

Advertisement