Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabodirect Investments - Anyone made money yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Hi All, Thanks for the feedback so far. I finally invested in Rabo - went for henderson european property and emerging markets.
    I took some time to work out possible returns based on possible growth and if anyone's interested these are my calculations per €100 invested uin henderson european property.
    Entry €0.75
    Assuming a 10% growth - Exit = €0.82, Annual fee (presumably this is paid regardless of how long you invest for, even a few days?? and is charged on full amount? 1.2% on this fund) = €1.23, Income tax when you declare it on the growth 23% = €2.30
    So if these calculations are correct a 10% gross growth in your investment equals roughly 4.8% net, and 15%/20% gross equals 8.5%/12.3%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Interesting time to buy in since the markets have dropped 5% in the last few days. I'm going to try and buy a little more soon. Just have to time it correctly

Also your 10% assumption is too high. That would most certainly be the top end. 8% would be more realistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Wolfmother

I am interested in the emerging european markets one, is anyone in it?
    Is there any website which tracks it, or can you tell me roughly how is it doing, I have just set up my account but dont want to buy in now, if it has been rising over last few days, would rather buy when it's low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

two weeks ago I was up 10% in these, now I'm breaking even! :(

Watch out, if you want to sell you have to put your order in before a certain time for it to be sold that day!

The cut off times are
    Merril Lynch 10am
    Robeco 8am
    Henderson 11am.

I put mine for sale at lunch time and they took a day and a half to sell, thus loosing me €400, should have read the damn small print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

You can track the merril lynch funds here

Merril Lynch Funds

• Advertisement

thank you very much Mayshine, that's great.

I can't log in,

When i go to the account log-in page the orange button is not a button for me and i can't click it any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Wolfmother wrote:
    I can't log in,

When i go to the account log-in page the orange button is not a button for me and i can't click it any ideas?

it's ok for me. try refreshing the page and see can you log in...

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

so is it a good time to invest in Rabo funds now that markets have dropped?

but I'm just not sure which ones to choose...

any ideas for some short term investments?

and is the digipass connected to the computer?

• Advertisement

Wolfmother wrote:
    and is the digipass connected to the computer?

well yes, I just logged in again. cak the helpline for assistance..

1850 88 22 22

how to you connect it to the pc? usb cable?

Wolfmother wrote:
    how to you connect it to the pc? usb cable?

no the digipass is not connected to the PC in any way. it just generates random passwords for logging in to Rabo.

ok cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Was going to open a Rabo savings account but also try their invesments. Just a question how do you guys investigate what to invest in: google, tips, media ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

gut instinct mainly, emergingeurope, can't fail.

garred wrote:
    BAN THIS SMILIE!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

why you want to ban that smilie? that's my favourite..:rolleyes:

Sandals wrote:
    gut instinct mainly, emergingeurope, can't fail.
    but Emerging Europe has a very high risk rating . why you say it cannot fail?

It just seems like the perfect investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

emergingeurope, can't fail.

Quotes like these make me worried! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the contributions so far guys. It's been an education.
    So I invested a few bob, and within a few weeks its moving....mostly downwards, but moving. Went for europe emerging markets, henderson pan-european equities, and now I'm tempted by the june fund of the month - asia pacific something or other.
    I know I can track recent fund prices on the website, but is there anywhere for a more long term history per fund, day by day, rather than interpreting the graphs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

Emerging markets were the first place investors withdrew their money with the recent slide in the markets. They were hit the most.

I put some money into the new asia pacific property fund,
    It has only been set up, and the price has dropped in the last month, so I thought it was a good time to but, I see it as a long term investment however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Royale

here
    >.
    is my thread, based solely on discussing the investment options.

Hi all,
    So I have some rabo investments and I'm just wondering is anyone else noticing delays in the time from ordering shares to actually having them purchased. For instance I order on Thursday night, and transaction doesnet happen until Monday.
    Am I missing something? as their website says order before 8.00/10.00 etc and transaction is completed the same day.
    I suppose I'm considering whenever I go to sell do I need to be prediciting share prices two or three days ahead, which could be a disaster if they keep jumping and dropping as quickly as in the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

This thread should be moved to the gambling forum (if there is one).

Extremely short term equity investments, timing the markets, "surefire stocks". Quotes like "I made €200 yesterday" and "assuming growth of 10%pa".

Holy ****! If there's one surefire investment it's selling investments to the uneducated.

I think I'll buy shares in Rabobank & Merrill Lynch! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

This thread should be moved to the gambling forum (if there is one).

I think with most types of investments you are gambling with your money, doesnt mean its a bad thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

I currently invest my money directly in the stock market.

Historically the total return on equity investments is made up of 2/3 capital appreciation and 1/3 dividends

By investing in Rabo:

1. You incur yearly charges of around 1%, which don't apply if you buy shares directly.

2. The Rabo funds seem to track indices of various sorts, which suggests the return is only on the capital appreciation. What happens the dividends ? This is normally 1/3 of the total return.

3. When you exit from the funds you get charged 23% exit , which is fair enough per se. But you don't have the option to make tax free gains of €1, 290 or €2,580 for a single or married person as you do with CGT on shares.

So overall why go down the Rabo route? What's on the plus side with Rabo investments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Reyman wrote:
    So overall why go down the Rabo route? What's on the plus side with Rabo investments?

Risk is spread over a greater number of equities than buying single stocks.

Investors can buy in units as low as €100 which no stockbroker would touch. Even if they did, €100 would barely cover broker fees & commissions.

I think divvies are re-invested in the funds & so the investor gets the benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Lads, advice needed

Have started the ball rolling as regards opening a rabodirect current a/c with an investment a/c. Im think I may put part of the proceeds of my ssia into the account (circa 3-4 grand), leave the rest with AIB on deposit and keeping the saving habit going. Now the thing is is is worth my while puttin a couple of grand in one of the investment funds? Im not adverse to risk, I'm willing to take a chance on it going up or down. Im not sure what sort of funds I should be looking to. Can anyone give me a bit of advice as to what has worked for you?

Thanks,

Stephen.

Advertisement