Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in my area (Rural)... what can be done?

Options
  • 23-04-2006 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

I live in Coon, Co. Kilkenny, a small village of about 250-300 people within its environs. We have our own exchange which is not, unsurprisingly, broadband enabled.

In surrounding areas no more than 5 miles away, in Castlecomer (pop. 2000 approx) and in Clogh (pop. 1100 approx) broadband has been rolled out. Other areas have been upgraded as well but it seems we have been forgotten about or ignored due to our lack of population.

I'd like to see our exchange upgraded to DSL even though we are probably never going to trigger any targets eircom set. Is there anything I can do to help bring this about?

Does anyone know of any schemes or Govt. programs for providing broadband to areas like ours? I've heard something about broadband subsidies for disadvantaged areas but don't know what's available.

Can anyone suggest any solutions to my dilemma?

Comments

Advertisement