Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need advice on this '03 Impreza 1.6

Options
  • 23-04-2006 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Here's my dilemma:

There is an 2003 Impreza 1.6 Wagon (AWD an automatic)with 44k miles on the clock for sale by an american chap,who is moving back to the States next week.He is selling the car for only €9000 ono (I guess he would let it go for €8500).The problem is the car is a jap import with no service history at all.It was imported by a dealer (McCarthy's in Cork) around last summer.This guy bought it last October from the delaer with 6 month warranty.The 44k miles seems true,the car drives without any problems,the interior is perfect,the gearbox doesn't slip etc.
    Exterior:both mirrors has scrapes and both bumpers too,but the body panels are perfect,except a 2-3 small parking dings on drivers door.

My only fear is the lack of the service history+jap import.If I want to sell it in the future,this could be a problem,couldn't be?
    Is the insurance a lot dearer being a jap import?
    Should I risk it,or leave it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

no jap imports will have easily verifyable service history. get a mechanic to give it the once over, and remember that Subarus are pretty much bulletproof mechanically

Advertisement