Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do i need to pay vrt on this one?

Options
  • 23-04-2006 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey!
    I'm thinking of buying a car thats on uk reg plates and has no VRT payed on it.
    The car is not for driving and won't be on the road, i'm thinking of buying it for parts, my own needs maybe €400 in parts and it makes sense to buy a car thats driving well and use it for spare parts, its going fairly cheap, but as per usual the VRT is the killer, or is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Nope if its not on the road then you dont need to pay any VRT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

VRT = Vehicle REGISTRATION Tax
    only have to pay it if you register the car in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

if its not on the road, then it doesn't need to be registered...just wreck it

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

swap everything bar the chassis and engine over and you'll be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

if its off the road you will be fine.just bring it over on a trailer and it should not be a problem as my friend got a car in uk just for track use and he is not registering it here on the road as it cannot and will not be used on the actual road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement