Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Help

• 23-04-2006 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Ok, I posted here about a problem I am having with eircom and I have being ringing them and e-mailing them for about 2 months and I have made no progress whatsoever. On one occasion I rang them and they told me to take samples of my ping over the course of a week and e-mail it to them. I have repeatadley sent it to them asking for help and after some e-mailling exchanges they have sent me this back.
    Thank you for your email dated 19/4/06.

Unfortunately technical support is only offered via email to customers
    of our "Subscription" service.
    But for further support please use our online support site or contact
    our support team, the link and the relevant numbers are listed below.

Kind Regards,

Eircom Net Technical Support
    For further online support please check out our vast online solutions
    at: http://support.eircom.net
    I find it odd that would tell me to e-mail them and when I do they say this.
    I was just wondering if this subscription service exists or are they just fobbing me off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is this eircom broadband or just regular dial up? If it's dial up, are you paying for the flat rate package or just using the free 1892-150150 number?

For dial up services, they offer support when you're paying for the flat rate packages, but they only offer support to free customers on a premium rate 1550 number.

If you have broadband (which you pay for) then obviously they should be answering your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Yeah I am on their Home plus broadband package at the moment and talking to their customer service is the equivalent of talking to a brickwall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They obviously haven't a clue who you are, what you're on about or how to do their job. Reply to their email, quoting it, and explain that you are an Eircom subscriber. Ask them again to answer it.

This is unless we're missing something here and Eircom now charge extra for tech support on their broadband packages, but I don't think that's the case.

Advertisement