Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer

Options
  • 23-04-2006 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone tell me why ? Old school board user so i want an answer! Havent even posted in a while.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ah i see now, i called someone who made fun of the Munich disaster scum ? So obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

RasTa wrote:
    Ah i see now, i called someone who made fun of the Munich disaster scum ? So obvious.

This place has gone to the dogs. I will get flamed for posting in feedback and nothing will happen. But you get banned for calling someone scum

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

RasTa wrote:
    PM ze mod for an in-depth, psychological understanding. (for what it's worth)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's fairly easy to not lower yourself to the level of that person. Report the post, or PM the mod. Don't respond and earn yourself a banning. As an "old school" user, you should really know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

PM T4TF to discuss it. You won't get any answers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I got banned for telling someone to Shut the **** Up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

RasTa wrote:

When it's in the charter that outbursts like that are not on then tough.

Yer own fault really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

* Outbursts of personal abuse/racism etc, be it directed at other board members or at groups of fans or sports personalities people will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to edit/move/delete such posts as we see fit and issue bans to the poster of such. The basic rule is keeping it civil; you can have friendly banter without resorting to personal abuse.
    * Scum is an abusive term, just in case you may have thought otherwise.

Can't really complain about the ban but I do understand as to why you got wound up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

BuffyBot wrote:
    It's fairly easy to not lower yourself to the level of that person. Report the post, or PM the mod. Don't respond and earn yourself a banning. As an "old school" user, you should really know that.

Well i posted pictures up of someone who scribbled graffti about the munich air diaster all over Old trafford and another nonsense about Shipman and called him scum(wasnt even talking about a boards user). If thats worth a banning fair enough but talk about the P.C police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

RasTa wrote:
    Well i posted pictures up of someone who scribbled graffti about the munich air diaster all over Old trafford and another nonsense about Shipman and called him scum(wasnt even talking about a boards user). If thats worth a banning fair enough but talk about the P.C police.

You got banned for that? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

kinda a grey area, if you look at that charter and follow it by the letter you got what you deserved, though if you IMO use common sense and its not a ban, I can't fault T4TF they do a great job over in the soccer forum, an i use it a lot.

Advertisement