Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

nokia playing up after 11 months - warranty?

• 23-04-2006 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

i bought a sim free nokia 3230 in 3G about 11 months ago, over the past few months its started to play up, such as turn itself off, not turn on, give a lot of error messages, battery shows empty when its fully charged (tried 2 different batteries). i was wondering can i return it to the shop and ask them to fix/replace it for free? i'm not too sure if i still have the receipt, but i think they took my name and address when i bought it.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 GobShi7e

It shouldn't be a problem. They know when it was bought from the IMEI number. Bring it to a Nokia service center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Nephew wrote:
    i was wondering can i return it to the shop and ask them to fix/replace it for free?

They'll fix it rather than replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

they wonot replace it but they will fix it. bring it to a nokia agent soon so it wont go out of warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ddunne

if it cant be repaired and is under warranty, it will be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if they took your name and address you don't need the receipt. they can search for it by your name, address, phone number or whatever. they'll send it off for repair and your warranty gets extended by three months from the time it comes back

• Advertisement
Advertisement