Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling Layout Program

Options
  • 23-04-2006 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Anyone know of a good program that will show customers different designs that can be layed mainly for floor and wall tiles. I would like to give them a rough print out of what they might expect, or what they could do.

AL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DeFonz

Hi Al,
    I can't help you with a program for this, but I have had cause to get a load of books from amazon recently on tiling which gave me some more unusual ideas for my house. Perhaps your i=only option would be to get some books and use a drawingg application(even drawing tools on word) to do up the designs. Yours customers would certainly appreciate your work!
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

used excel when I wanted to explain to my tiler when I had a pattern of 6 coloured tiles for my kitchen

I put different background colours in the cells.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hey DeFonz - can you recommend any particular books for A) Tiling Methods, and B) Tiling Ideas?

I'm a competent tiler but wouldn't mind taking it to the next level, and am sure many here would be interested too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bofs

Have you tried Sketchup from google. Its free and very easy to use.
    Simply draw your walls and strech them up draw the windows and kitchen units as blocks and then apply materials to the walls floor. The materials can be edited or you could use digital photos etc. depending on the time you have it could be very useful.
    I have attached a screen dump to show a house i did in 5mins.
    I used a kitchen design programme before it cost £2,000 and it struggled to come close to sketchup.
    Bofs

Advertisement