Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Those spray-on tans in a can (Loreal Sublime, etc.)

• 23-04-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty much ringleader of the anti-false tan brigade, but I think these might change my mind.

Can anyone out there who has used them let me know if one stinks to the high heavens after an application?
    Does the tan dribble out of the can or spray easily?
    How do you get an even tan over ankles, knees and elbows?
    Does it rub off on your clothes?
    How long does it last?

As you can see, I need to be happy before I hand over my €19!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

vibrant wrote:
    Can anyone out there who has used them let me know if one stinks to the high heavens after an application?
    Does the tan dribble out of the can or spray easily?
    How do you get an even tan over ankles, knees and elbows?
    Does it rub off on your clothes?
    How long does it last?

Garnier ambre solaire spray on tan is the best for me. Its dead easy to use. If I dont have the time or money to go for a St. tropez tan in a salon then this is the second best. Its sooo easy to apply, the spray is brilliant for getting your back done too. I definatley recommend them. Although you must try them all to find the best one for your skin tone other wise you may look tangoed and you dont want that!

to answer your questions:

- they don't stink to high heaven, quite a subtle 'tan' smell but it fades quickly and is not a problem.
    - the tan sprays easily, until you are at the very end of the can and its about to run out, but it still doesnt dribble at all.
    - spray lightly on these areas and be sure to rub in gently with some moisturiser
    - no, and it dries in a couple of mins, you can get dressed fairly quickly after wards. just do your nails or something for a couple of mins and then your ready to get dressed. although whenever i've put white underwear on after it comes off on them. just wear black or dark undies, common sense really ;)
    - couple of days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Thanks for the reply! I am intrigued enough to try it ... god help me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I wouldnt recommend the new L'Oreal Airbrush one. Ive tried it and you cant see where you are spraying so you end up patchy and the colour the next day is barely noticable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

What about the johnsons Holiday skin tan moisturiser? anyone know much bout that> is it enough to notice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

~Leanne~ wrote:
    I wouldnt recommend the new L'Oreal Airbrush one. Ive tried it and you cant see where you are spraying so you end up patchy and the colour the next day is barely noticable!

Bizarre - I tried it and thought it was fantastic. Not a streak nor a patch in sight, and even though the colour was light the next morning it seemed to continue to develop the next day. Somebody in work even thought I had gone on a sun holiday last week, and that was only with one application!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Azureus wrote:
    What about the johnsons Holiday skin tan moisturiser? anyone know much bout that> is it enough to notice?

My sister talked me into trying it... the little *****! It really really smells awful, and I only put on a light "coat"! It gave a nice bit of colour though, but I don't think it's worth it, you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

rainglow wrote:
    Bizarre - I tried it and thought it was fantastic. Not a streak nor a patch in sight, and even though the colour was light the next morning it seemed to continue to develop the next day. Somebody in work even thought I had gone on a sun holiday last week, and that was only with one application!
    Really?? I havent used it again since, maybe ill try again tonight, i know i rushed it the first time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

I used that loreal spray stuff and it was really good didnt give me that much of a tan but wasnt streaky AT ALL!!!!!!!

Advertisement