Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a site were you can watch anime?

Options
  • 24-04-2006 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Cauuseeeee, I had a website where I could watch anime, linked from YouTube(which hates me...It never shows the whole episodes, even when fully downloaded), and then today, it won't work. x.x
    >.<' I WANT TO FINISH WATCHING NARUTO!
    Bahhhhh.
    How unfair.
    So, yeah, anyone know a website where you don't have to download anime, and just watch it...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

You're best bet would be to wait for youtube to not be broked.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Why do you bother watching it if it doesnt show the full episode...you crazy person you ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

/me looks at industrial size tape backup, networked servers and stacks of burnt DVDs

Not...download it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

What do you mean watch but not download?

To watch you have to download. The fact that you are using an all-in-one streaming&viewing service doesn't mean that you are not downloading it.

Instead of waiting for it to DL and then watching it, you are waiting for it while you watch.
    And to make the waits bearable you get it in horrendous quality instead. And to rewatch it you have to DL all over again (varies by streaming type, but it is the case for youtube).

Streaming sucks for anime. Theres enough people out there that can give you all of Naruto on 8 DVDs (fansubbed).

If DL speed is paramount for you, just try and locate highly compressed versions of Naruto instead (low res, high compress, low file size). Y'know, just like you get on youtube already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Indeed, Naruto is a bit of a beast in size (32GB). You could just dl them then delete after watching if space is an issue.

• Advertisement

Theres a few anime meets/clubs/conventions that go on around the year.

You could arrange to do some DVD swaps or portable HDD -> laptop transfers.

Or sign up here: http://noated.net one of the best sites for arrangeing anime postal trades (of media/DVD Rs)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

It's alright, it's working for me again.
    Great quality on Youtube. DB do great stuff.
    And wtf were you talking about, Sharingan, about downloading it as you watch it? I don't download stuff off Youtube...Can you even do that?

Downloading anime? Like how the rest of the fan community gets it? With the quality of fansub distribution these days, it boggles the mind that someone would use Youtube as their primary viewing method.

There are so many options for downloading that you couldn't even list them all.

And you would never have to put up with sucky-beermat-sized youtube viewing window.

The downloaders choice is to go through a BitTorrent p2p network, though anime is distributed by other means.

And you don't even have to download. Disc media trades are very popular and like I said, you get a lot of on the spot trading at anime meetups too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Rei-chan wrote:
    And wtf were you talking about, Sharingan, about downloading it as you watch it? I don't download stuff off Youtube...Can you even do that?

You have to download the stream to see it. You had to download this page to read this message.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

There used to be streaming anime on sputnik7.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

pp_me129 wrote:

Not as bad quality as i thought it would be...but think ill stick to downloading full quality eps onto my hdd still ^_^

...handy for watchin stuff on my break in work though!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dakan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I used to go on an awesome site for streaming anime. Good quality and no lag. And loads of complete series. But I can't remember the name... began with K i think...

[edit] found it! Enjoy! http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/anime/onlineanime/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Sveet

Between these and Youtube I can check on series I was thinking of buying :D

Got me some back pay after only 3 and a bit months. Time, me thinks, to go kwazy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Uhh, keiichianimeforever.com went down for agggesss.
    That's when I was like 'OMG, I NEED MORE EPISODES!'
    So yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deks_x

May be this one will help www.narutofan.com

Firefox plugin to capture the video:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/Firefox-VideoDownloader.shtml

Would be interesting to see how it stacks up quality wise against proper fansubs. (I think it would get its ass kicked)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

another handy Streaming site.
    Has loads of game music too :D
    http://gh.ffshrine.org/

Advertisement